Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh boy...
had a SUPER busy, but very productive day today...

got up, whent swimming, 1/2 mile in 20 mins! my time is getting better :D

then came home, had breakfast/lunch and thats when the fun began.
i had a coupon for lowes and we needed stuff for the veggie beds. so off we whent...
a few hours later, and lots of money we had alot to unload.

so this afternoon...
2 apple trees planted, 1 dwarf mcintosh and 1 dwarf golden delicious (both family favorites) mum has wanted apple trees for about 5 years now so now we have 2 :)
the frames for the veggie beds got made...all pressure treated lumber
plus we put up a picket fence and the gate posts that seperates the main garden form the "farmers garden". we were out there all afternoon, untill we lost the light, and have a small section of fence and the gate to put in (once the concrete for the gate posts set.
it looks absolutly adorable, but makes the rest of the garden look...well...a little worn lol.

so i want to make a realy cute scarecrow, and have to repaint alfred hitchcock...alfred is a resin rooster we found last fall at the local dump, someone had left him, his comb is broken, and hes lost most of his color, but dads goign to use some marine resin to fix his comb and im going to repaint him with the krylon for plastic paint. we cant have a live roo here so hes as close to it as were going to get.
dad also wants to build a potting/work table agains tthe shed in that area...
need for infd 2 solar lanterns to hang from the gate posts and were going to plant infront of the new picket fence...
and of course the veggie plots need planting too...

but i cant plant untill the fence is complete and its almost done *happy dance*
we also got some of the stuff we need to reinforce the back fence to turn the hill into the new chicken run...so that too is good! need some more fencing and a gate built there too for the new run.
so much to do, but im realy proud of what we got done today...

but lets face it, yall are only reading this for pictures...
And because i promised...

firstly, they are now a little older than 2 weeks, eyes are open, they are semi mobile (still wobbly) and starting to be kittens, yes folks, theyve started playing, wrestling and showing alot more interest in things around them.
its amazing how fast they grow!
the vet is VERY happy with them, they are strong, healthy, and right at the top of normal for weight (meaning mommas feeding them well!)

Momma and Little Bear
youWILLwash43.jpg

cinder being silly
squishedcinder143.jpg

you WILL have a bath!
momma and mousie!
Snugglemouse243.jpg

mamma making silly faces with mouse and little bear!
Sillymomma43.jpg

Mouse
he was the smallest but now he and his brother weigh the same, however little bear still LOOKS chunkier than mouse who has a slightly longer face.
Mouseeyes43.jpg

Mouse
Mouse43.jpg

Little Bear is still ROUND...not big bellied...just very round full faced, still reminds me of a little bear.
hes developed stray white hairs tipping on his legs...its kind of odd as it makes his legs look grey...i wonder if they will stay as he gets older, right now he looks blue in some lights, but is definatly black except his legs look grey lol. kind of like he fedes downwards lol.
Littlebeartummy143.jpg

Little bear
Gotcha43.jpg

Cinder is the smallest of the group, though the vets not worried, shes a very good weight, and very normal for a little female. shes also turning into quite the character, shes more active than her brothers and just has such an expressive face.
im not yet sure if her name will stay cinder, or if im going to call her Peanut.
Condercute243.jpg

Cinderadorable43.jpg

Cinder243.jpg

and for good measure...momma getting some luvins!
MommaFuss43.jpg

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
aww! So cute! I wish my dogs weren't such avid cat haters, I miss having kitties around.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOVE the kitty pictures. Oh, and yes, it's certainly time to be busy outside. I got a lot done yesterday too, but lots MORE to do. I wish I was off in the spring instead of the summer and so many winter holidays.

Little bear looks like he's developing stripes. :)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Great pics! Thanks for posting them. I really needed a kitty fix. I'm hoping to get one again soon, but the landlords want too big a deposit. :tongue

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, ALL black cats are actually striped, but you only see it in certain lights. :)
even mouse who doenst have a stray hair on him has "stripes" in the right light :)

cat color genetics are a funny thing...
i actually like that i KNEW who daddy was, simply based on the colors of the kittens LOL

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
just heard back from the town of one of the houses im interested in...
outside corporate limits so no land use restrictions...YAY (its one of my favorites that im planning on going to see :D)

ive got a long list...waiting to hear back from the buyers agent whos doing some background reserch for me to see if any are off the market to adjust my plans accordingly but theres definatly potential in some of these properties...and this one i like has been on the market 1/2 a year, is JUST above my buget (so i could probably bring them into my desired range) is an actual house, and has brand new appliances :D all on 2 1/2 acres, perfect for what i want.

theres another one closer to knoxville that im also excited about seeing which is a little log cabin feel place on 7 acres...but theres no pictures of the inside and its about $5,000 over my desired top and new on the market so...

gah, sooo excited, got to book the flight, car and hotel in the next few days *dances*

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm glad things are going well for you! It's exciting for sure to start that new chapter in your life - Good luck!!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Why oh why did I get Amira fixed?!? Right, I don't want kittens all the time and a siamese yowl in heat....

*i don't need kittens. i don't need kittens*

THEY'RE SO CUTE!!

also congrats on house stuff. but you know... kittens.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:love

I knew Cinder was going to be cute but DAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!

(Oh, and everyone else is cute too...especially mama with her tongue hanging out :gig )