Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Thanks for the kitten fix. No pets right now :( - so I was in serious withdrawal. I'm verrrry tempted to look at Craig's list for a kitty.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
promise, eeopen pics will come in the morning, charging my battery so i can upload them :D

lordy i ache.
we had 3 large piles of shavings and chicken poop out of the coop (we deep litter)
2 of those piles were nicely broken down so got put directly into what will be the veggie beds...the other one got dumped into the new compost bin, needs another couple of months on that one lol.

all in all 12 wheel barrows FULL of chicken clean out...

plus we had 2/3rds of a block bag (weighed about 100lbs full) of peat moss so i shifted that and dumped that onot the future veggie beds too, that will all get tilled in as soon as dad gets a chance.

my arms and back ache, i moved it all alone, so that was ALOT of shoveling and wheeling lol.
im very proud of what i got done today :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
new baby pictures...

D10rubyplayingmomma.jpg

1: yes thats my dog
2: yes my dog is not much bigger than the cat
3: yes she thinks shes the momma lol.

i actually got a pm on another forum about how my cat would KILL my dog if she knew she was climbing in the box with the kittens...
and for many cats i would agree...and ruby is very lucky she hasnt had her face removed...
but proof that Momma, realy doesnt mind ruby being around...and yeah...doesnt she look SUPER stressed *rolls eyes*

D12justcheckin.jpg

D12rubycheckonmomma.jpg

yup, momma is very obviously stressed about ruby being in the box...see those evil glares and extended claws...lmao!

D12mouseandlilbear.jpg

little bear in the back (white splodge) and and mouse in front.

D8prettyeyes.jpg

sorry its a little fuzzy.
little cinder with her eyes open.

D11cute.jpg

little Mouse!

D11onthemove.jpg

Little Bear.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I think mama kitty is happy to have a nanny dog on hand! :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:love

Amira, do we need another kitten?

NO!!!

Are you sure?? Pudding? Pudding want a kitten???

>.>

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, i asked ruby is we should keep the baby kittez, and she got all excited and tried to take the tortie girl to her crate with her...im assuming that means yes lets keep this one.

i asked jasper and he jumped in the box with them...
i assume that means yes lets keep them all...
i told him we couldnt keep them all as i had 2 homes lined up for them...he looked at me almost sadly for a second then licked the tortie kitten...

so it looks like they are happy with my choice to keep the tortie girl LOL!

in other news, mums apt with the surgeon whent well this morning...shes got cacfication, cysts, spurrs and the biceps tendon has gone snap with a rotator cuff tear...
so shes got to call to book an apt for the surgery, and is goign to try and get it for the week after we plan to take the trip to tn...
they are planning on going in laprascopically, shaving the spurs off the head of the humerus to give her pain relif in the joint, there also going to shave off the tip of the clavicle to remove the arthritis there and then reattatch the rotator cuff ligament back to where it should be...there not yet sure if they will be able to repair the biceps tendon, but will try while they are in there, but thats not causing any pain.
its the rotator cuff and spurs that are aparently causing the pain issues.
so lots of good thoughts to go her way, shes worried about having surgery even though shell only be under an hour or so and home that evening.

in "farm life" news...
my parents back yard veggie patch is comming along nicely, got it tilled second time yesterday mixing in the peat moss and chicken shavings/poop compost.
expecting yicky weather tomorrow...we'll see how bad it realy gets...some are saying 6 inches, some are saying 1/2 an inch, other sare saying mix and others are saying rain...so we'll see what it brings...

unfortunatly my seedlings arnt doing well...the only thing i can think of is i just dont have enough light in my room...

the peas and bean sprouts are doing well though...

so im thinking im going to clear out the trays and set up some more next week, and then the other stuff will just go direct in ground after last frost date on the 15th (which will mean after the 20th since thats when id get back from the tn trip.)

but yeah...
beyond all that not much going on...

just waiting for winter to let go of the world and let spring in...