Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We got some of that nasty white stuff too. Not a whole lot, but the wind picked up so it really feels nasty out there. I'm hiding in the house.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im hiding too, all these thigns on my should get done list whent out with the dogs before lunch and changed my mind LOL! skys bright blue suns out and it still feels like i need ot be part polarbear to apreciate it lol.
so lazy day it is...its not like i dont have penty of other days to do all this stuff LOL!.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I haven't gotten anything done. I'm busy watching old TV shows, Adam 12, Dragnet and now the Partridge Family. :cool:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I didn't get everything done today neither...I got to a lot of it, but not all. The snow was a pain at 3 this morning :/ At least the roads weren't crap though. Hubs got his new truck, and it's perty :D That's about all :lol:

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
why is it whenver i PLAN to do thigns i end up doing somehting completly different?! lol.
ended up having to run out to pick up a few things i forgot i needed that coudnt wait untill grocery day and took the dozey one for a walk...oh well...

tomorrow ill get the plastic back on the greenhouse and the seeds re-started, its supposed ot be nice temps but a good chance of rain so least i wont be temped by sunny skys lol.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Same reason I do i suppose sis, it's just how we're wired :p

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well took a chance and ordered my fruit trees, spent every last penny but ive got 2 apple (honey crisp and breaburn), 2 nectarine (mericrest and garden beauty), 2 pear (honey sweet and moonglow) and 2 asian pear (chojuro) everythign is compatible with its partner for cross polination purposes. honeycrisp and breaburn together make a lovely pie mix and both are great for fresh eating, ect...
i also had enough left over for some raspberries (got fall gold and heritidge everbearing for fresh/freezing and black hawk for canning/jams)
and this place sends you free stuff too based on order size so i put a couple of thorny kiowa blackberry (they taste more like wild blackbery and great for canning) and a bunch of rugosa rose on there to start my hedge between me and "the tweedles"

once the birds go to their new home ive got some money set aside for "man with chainsaw" to tackle the privet in the back, some more will go into getting some grapes and blackberies (i want thornless apache and navahoe) boysenberries, and mabe even some hazelnut and chestnut trees (depending on how much), id also like to put in a couple of mulbery trees too! YUM!

the trees are true dwarf verieites and so tend to be a little precocious, means more pruing the first 3 years, but they tend to start fruting ALOT earier (some even set a small crop thier first planting year if they are in intime to flower) i will have to watch for over setting though which is commonwith some of the verieties i chose..id rather have the extra work of thinning than have to have 6 trees to produce the same amount of fruit. everything should fully mature at 6 ft for the apples and nectarines and up to 8 ft for the pears. good managable height :D

this is exciting...now i just have to hope everything arrives in good (dormant but healthy) condition. this also means im going to have to start digging and prepping holes over the next week or so...this is going to be fun LOL!.
once they get here theyll get a 24 hour soaking in a light bunny manure tea before being set.

the rugosa will then go between me and them...now just got to finalize a spot for the raspberries and blackberries lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
AWESOME! I know you've been planning this for quite awhile. Isn't it fulfilling when plans finally come together! But, yeah, have fun digging all those holes.:rolleyes:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sis you will NOT be disappointed in those Braeburn apples!! They are DELICIOUS!! Congrats on getting everything you wanted plus extras :woot I'm excited for you!! :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
greenhouse is starting to be "rebuilt" again lol, put on the cover this morning and jsut whent out and restarted everything i started before the wind...
just having some greek yogurt with honey and then its back out to start all the things that should have been started this week (and water everything else lol)
already did a crate full of garlic and another full of bunching onions and a couple pots of chives, so that leaves peas and turnips (turnips are for early greens for the bunnies and wil be harvested long before any real tuber development) and i might pop in some "early" sweet and bell peppers to see if an extra 2 week growth makes any difference on them too :)

WBF you wouldnt happen to have any of those folding black crates left would you? id love to get my hands on a couple more, those things are perfect for this stuff lol.

with the roses comming im going to have to go out and buy 250ft of garden string some kind of cheap posts and mark out the property line...ive got the measurments and im 99% sure of where its supposed to go so im just going to go for it...its 221ft from the pine tree to the back edge of his propety where mine hooks behind his...im going to stake it out all the way along and then using the cheapest welded wire i can find ill put up a welded wire fence at the new line between me and him to the very corner where the 221ft mark is. i wont need that much of it as its only going along at the side of the orchard, then the backyard fence which is 48" will get "bumped out" using the welded i can remove form the orchard area to the property line, the roses will then be planted INSIDE the fence on myside so he cant "accidentlly" kill them on me, itll add about 2ft to the back yard for the dogs too which is never a bad thing lol.

then ill need to start getting the electric fence re-worked...but im hoping to hold off on that untill i can afford to get man with a chainaw out and the privet gone lol.

SOOO much to get done, but im happy to have seeds in the greenhouse again...hopefully they wont all blow away again.