Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh noooo, I'm so sorry about the kits and Willow. Any ideas about what might have happened to her jaw?

Despite all the bad news - I'm really glad you're bug bite is better.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i think she got into a fight with something (a dog...) shes got a small abrasion, nobroken skin but itdefinatly looks like a tooth mark...
or it could be a sting of some kind...
it doesnt feel fractured, but one side does feel a ltitle swolen. it opens and closes with no clicking orwigling but she cant close it on her own...

called the vet and they said "wel you can bring her in for xrays and if its a fractue we can wire it...but you know...it doesnt SOUND fractured...and wiring is just as long as a recovery...."
so with money being so tight im taking their free advice.
cats are incredibly difficult to treat for pain to, they are VERY sensitive to all of the painkillers and many have negative reactions to painkillers that are comonly for cat use...same goes for antihistamines...so no matter what it is theres very little they can do for pain or swellign that doesnt involve injectable and potential for vomiting, kindey issues and other random side effects...

shes sleeping right now...

anywho...
A came over this afternoon picked me up and gave me lunch ad let me play in their pool in exchange for teaching he how to do her cats claws...so got that done, had burgers (which i ened up cooking and they came out NOM!!!! and then spent about an hour in the pool, a little chilly (it had rained and the tempswere dropping fr the storm) but it felt good to be in the water.
id LOVE LOVE LOVE oe of those swim spas...but i do NEED to put "pool" a little higher on my "one day i wish" list.

got homeand got everyone to bed before the line of storms came through...
under a tornado watch till 10pm, but the worst seems to have already passed us and the watch issue has been removed form Wunderground so i dont think i needto pack for OZ tonight
but theres pretty much storms and rain for the next 24 hours...

actually now i think about it and theres a lull, i forgot to put the rain covers down for the buns...gonna do that before the next wve.
aters!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
everyone was fine, though when i whent out a coupel o the rex wee sprawled out in the rain like it was the most glorious thing in the world...makes ya wonder...it wasnt exactlya warm gentle rain either.
but i got em covered, keeping em overed as theres storms potentilly coming through today too...

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well ms willow and her jaw clawed their way through my bedroom windwo screen (I have double hung and had it open from the TOP to prevent her form pushign the screen out...it was open 6 inches max and i got home from picking up groceries and theres a hole in the screen the windowhasnt been opend and willow is on the lam...*grumbles*
i whent out and looked for her, im hoping she comes back for supper...but yeah...im just hoping shes ok...she seemed to be able to close her mough a little more this morning but still not enough to be able to bite efficiently ect...(she has he claws but still) dang it.
at first i thought someone had tried to break in or something but its definatly clawed. shes certinaly not stupid..and she IS tempi's (my very anit confinement kitty) daughter.

anywho...
otherwise thigns are going ok...my crazy bug bite/sting isnt realy shrinking much but its not neer as itchy *touch wood*
and i managed to get the 3 6 1/2 week old rex kits tattood.
one girl goes home tomorrow, 1 is staying and the other is supposed to be going home with the rew 1/2 rex doe and haystack...buthaystack is on hold ow untill her litter is weaned so ive gotta see if the buyer wants to wait or wants to just pick up the 2 babies or what...
Dozer seems to be odly clingy tonight, he hasnt climbed into my chair with me in months, but for whatever reaosn hes decied tonight he weights 5 lbs and is trying to squish me to death.

Mabe he knows im having an off night...
im worried abotu Willow....
and i mis my family tonight for some reason

oh and on a completly unrelated note...
the tree guy got back to me...if he leaves the wood and ust cuts the trees, $1000, if he brings in equiptment to remove the wood, $2000,i figure i might as well keep the pine have dad hack it with an axe when he comes to fisit and tada, wood for the fire pit for a while...if it saves me $1000...it might be a little more cause he might have to lower with rope as opposed to just dropping it...
least i now have an actual number to take to the loan folks along with the septic quote.

*fingers crosed*

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope Willow showed up, and that she's OK. :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
shes still not home....unusual for her since if shes not home for supper shes always home for breakfast. whent looking in her usual spots and nothing...*sigh*
then i got out my weedwacker this morning...
since i dont on a lawnmower all my grass and fenceline are tended to by wed wacker...
and the connection of the 2 black wires that work to start the stupid thing have corroded and snapped off...FLAT with the battery pack. short of replacing the battery and the 2 wires i dont think its fixable...
i have $2 in my bank account, $5 in my pures and i need to do the weeds and fenceline again and nothing to do it with...
so yeah...
NOT happy right now...

to the point that not even cookies are making me feel better...
*sigh*

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks! hugs are always welcomed.

i think im just in a general rut...filling out this loan ap to fix the septic and putting down my income vs outgoing showed me just realy how tight the numbers look and i dont think thats helping lol

ive decided im not getting the trees removed, and whoever buys this place form me in 5 years can haul them if they want to...i cant afford to add another $1000 onto the depbts that could abolutly be used welsewhere.
going to try and get my bank loan paid for either by adding it to this loan or when the pups (if the pups) go home...(ill set aside enough to get ruby and jasper fixed and everyhting else will go o the loan. as much as the credit card suchs to pay out its alot less than that loan and if i can free up the money comming out for the land clearning loan it would help.
i need about $1500 to replace the door and window in the kithen ad the surround in the bathroom (that adds the cost of potntilly needing brand ew sheetrock behind the tub too...$3000 (possibly hopefully ALOT less) for the septic...so im going to try for $5000, that should then also cover the insulation in the attic, and if the septic comes in under budget then (or on the chepaer end) ill pay back anythign left over after doing the other work immediatly to cut it back...

and all i realy want todo is lay in a pool or hottub and pretend im rich!