Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That's great. Obliques are one of my biggest exercises, I could share if you want.

You can be pale at hooters!! It's all attitude ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
abi that would be awesome...they just need some strengthening and flexibility...ive spent so many years hunched over from the weight in general, the muscles developed in a way to support that weight, and now i am standing more uprght and my posture has changed they see to essentally having to relearn how to work in that new position.

we do some stretching in aquazumba and tonight i could feel the obliques were very tight...
probably a combination of the weight loss and all the stress and running around ive been doing.

on a different note...
ive come to the conclusion i simply cannot do anythign the "easy way"
while looking online ive found another house...
location is good, its a little further north west than the lutts house, about 2 miles form the tn river in a TINY town called salitto. its closer to savannah by about 15 mins and closer to nashville and memphis by almost an hour...its also not that far from jackson giving me lots of "big shopping" and "day trip" options

the house is WAY underpriced and well within my budget even at full asking price.
it had a pipe burst over the winter which resulted in the entre house being re-piped! its got brand new plumbing and a brand new hot water heater. (well brand new in february...)
propane heat and hot water (dont knwo about the stove)...
looks good in the pictures, cute, a little outdated, but livable!
about the same sqft in the house...
but its on 6 acres...

sounds perfect right?!

the problem...is a bank owned property...

i know buying forclosures is tricksey and can be quite frustrating...
im wondering if im probably setting myself up for failure with this one too...

agents going tomorrow to take a look see for me...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
the problem...is a bank owned property...

i know buying forclosures is tricksey and can be quite frustrating...
im wondering if im probably setting myself up for failure with this one too...

agents going tomorrow to take a look see for me...
Not failure necessarily, but definitely a lot a frustration. The wheels move very slowly.

Good luck!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well the good news is im in no rush...and id rather things go slow and steady (gives me more time between offer and closing which is more time to save more money for the moving aspect of it all lol)

rather than the rush rush rush, do it now now now, or were not going to sell you the property feeling that hud had...it seriously felt like i had 2 hours to reveiw things before having to send them overnight mail back just to get things in by their deadlines...shere insanity, and trying to get a straight answer...

yes, i have absolulty no problem with it taking a few months from acceptance of offer to closing if thats what it takes as long as im not playing run around like we did with hud.

my biggest concern is with leins...its bank owned 100% at this point...so im going to have my agent check for leins if possible and was thinking of adding all leins taken care of into the contract if we can...i dont want to buy the house to find out theres a fortune in back taxes and such im going to have to pay so any suggestions there woudl be great.

as you can tell, im kind of paranoid now.
i did sooo much reserch before going hud, and we see how that turned out...so i want to be even better prepared for this one.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not everyone likes dealing with realtors, but from you've posted, it sounds like you may have a decent one.

The pain with bank-owned, is that they are in no hurry. It sounds like you are on the right track. Keep us posted.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i did get very lucky with this realtor, shes a gem who realy does deserve her wings after all this...
she also said shell be talking to the property listing agent about the whole malarky too because it was 100% listed incorrectly....

she realy is absolutly wonderfull...i was worried about working with a realtor, i have some social issues that tend to make it very hard for me to work directly and indirectly with other people...but shes been very easy to work with and incredibly helpfull...

i think overall, shes the only reason i didnt just stom my feet have a temper tantrum and throw in the towel...

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
You don't have to have big uns to work at Hooters....I did it for 5 years and I'm a 36B on a good day :p

My mother, however, is a J....yes, I said a J cup. :ep

Congrats on the weight loss and I'm sorry about the house. At least you found out the issues before things went past the point of no return. :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so true lori...

if it wasnt for what i thought was a missing well pump we wouldnt have found out it was on a spring, and i would have purchased assuming i had well water...at whihc point if anyhting had gone wrong with my water supply i would have been caught off guard.

i talked to the plumber this morning, hes writing me up a report to file with my forms to get my escrow back.
gonna have to print all that off at the library as were out of printer ink at home...

hoping to go to the rennaisance fair tomorrow...
once again im informed that everyone working gets 4 free tickets per day to give to whoever...and not one of my "frineds" offered me a ticket...
thankfully another "friend" shes not a good frined, but ive known her for years, has offered me a ticket at the gate so i can go, so that works out.
it just gets very frustrating that my frineds know how tight money is, and they all are so happy and excited and "yay you came" when i get there, but not one of them is willing to offer me a free pass even though they get more than enough.

i was planning on going next weekend, and if my source of free tickets is willing i will plan a second visit with my sister (she works full time so will pay her own way)
but with this potential new house, if things go well and i have to go out there ill be gone next weekend.
Not a big loss to my sister as she planned to go one weekend with her friends anyway so theyll just go together that day if i cant go.

oh well, going to start my dad with a bananna, and see where mum needs me to take her today.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy this beautiful rainy day! Is it hammering you already? It hit my side about 7 am and is going strong now.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we got blasted with some strong thunder a good few lightning strikes and heavy rain for about 3 hours this morning (between 5:30 and 8:30ish...)
then it was kinda overcast tll about 11:30...sunny and warm and kinda humid now though.

im british...i actually kinda like rain :p