Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
Deep clenaing breaths...

got a call at 10am this morning...oh btw were in buffallo...7 hours away...

im not quite sure how we whent from we had an acceident 57 mins form your house to were in buffallo NY 7 hours away...
talked to the driver, he says he got a call and had to reroute...

i dont have the time or money to cancel and re-book, and hes promised me theyll be here tonight and will "make it up to me" i told him i dont care what time you need to get here, you get here tonight!

even if he were to give me this entire move for free ill still be filing with the better business, i whent with this company because they are accredited...i was on the schedual for a pick up on tuesday, its not thursday and im still getting "reasons" why its not the trucks fault...hes gotta do what the owner tells him (which means someone came along with a more expensive job and gets priority)
im REALY frustrated...told him in out 2 nights motel reservations, sedation meds for the critters, multiple apointments and now ill have to pay more for the motel room because i cant leave untill tomorrow morning which means getting a motel on a friday night!

i refuse to cry from frustration, i refuse to stress more than absolutly nessicary...i might not however refuse to take a couple zoloft today though (i have 4 left from my last script that ive been saving for emergencies)

GAH!
the excitment of my own place is currently NOT winning the frustration and anxiety of whats currently going on!

id cancel but as it stands right now id loose the deposit, i need to give another company 5-7 days notice and jack jack is currently living in a 24" dog crate that im pretty sure his beak could destroy if he realy thought about it hard enough! i cant make him live in thre for another week and setting the cage back up for a couple of days is insanity...
i didnt sleep well the night before ast because of the trip, then last night because of it...so by tomorrow...itll be 3 nights of not great slepe to drive 1100 miles on! yay fun!

can anyone suggest anything herbal that would help me get a good nights sleep tonight, i just need a solid 8 hours. planning on being on the road by 8am tomorrow...if they dont show up tonight...well im a redhead, and i am well versed in strong british language...and my daddy can be incredibly scary when he needs to be

Side note:
Squeeeeee spotty nubians...i LOVE spots!
Melatonin. My SO swears by it. Just make sure you will be able to get the full 8 hours sleep, because it will give it to you, regardless :) but, it is herbal and safe :) just potent

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks a friend also suggested melatonin so i picked up a smal bottle from cvs, lets see what happens lol.

whent and got cash out for the movers since i noticed thers a 5% fee to pay via debit card...so i whent and got cash (a little more than what i should need), they get 1/2 on pick up the other 1/2 on delivery...delivery can be paid cash or postal money order and since theres a post office right across the road form my new house im not worried about that part...
weve hti so many bumps already though that i realy dont want to hit the debit card snag when they get here to pick up my stuff.

if i dont hear anything from them by 7pm im going to give them a call, he said he should beable to get here by around 8pm ish...our driveway has lighting so im not worried about them packing in the dark but i have no idea how the "shuttle system" works...so thatll be interesting...
if not and worst comes to worst i can always leave the cash for the parents and head out tomorrow...before the movers come and let my parents handle the loading...but im so worried somehting woudl be left behind, or what if they "get held up" again and 2 weeks from now im in TN and my stuff still hasnt been picked up from CT ya know?! or my parents miss something that should be on the truck...im such a worrier about those kinds of things.

*shrugs*

itll all work out...
right?!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
So sorry you have to mess w/all this. At least when we moved, it wasn't far, and we just got a bunch of friends w/pickup trucks. :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so much for well be there tonight...just called him and there aparently still in the buffalo area...WTF?! i was told at 11:30 pm they had 1 pick up and 1 drop off and would be in my area by about 8-9pm tonight and now im being told there still about 7 hours away?!

So now there saying itll be 8 am tomorrow...
someone please just shoot me now.
this is ridiculous.

i mean theyve been 7 hours away for the last almost 8 hours!

*deep breath, deep breath*

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I hate it when people don't do what they say they will!!!!!! I'm pullin' for you!!! And praying for a lower stress level!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Prayin for ya! Just think spotty Nubians spotty Nubians living down the road, and you can drool at them as you pass spottyyyyy Nubiaaaannnssss :gig

Sorry you're having such a cruddy time though :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks for the hugs and well wishes guys...hugs are good right now.

i also feel bad for my family, there already upset that im leaving and now theyve "said goodbye" 3 days running...my mums not sleeping and is all teary, my sister keeps breaking into tears and cant be home because it upsets her...my dads as frustrated as i am FOR me...
my brothers trying to be the big man but i can tell hes upset too.
and of course the animals are all freeking out because they know somethings going on and sense stress and limbo land...

and i just want to get this drive overwith...
i dont like driving...at all..even remotly...
and the thought of driving 1100 miles is realy a little freeky for me...
i have my tom tom so im not worried about getting lost, but the driving aspect itself...i dont like driving for many reasons...but i didnt mind the thought of this drive at the beginning of the week when i was excited and stuff...
Now though...now ive had time to think about it more, to dwell on the route, the drive, the lenght of the drive...and thats never a good thing.
im also worrying about getting a motel room, on a friday, with a small arc worth of animals...during the week motels are quiet...but on a weekend?!

ill call and reserve in the morning once the truck gets here and i know were leaving...

but now...i think its time for bed.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish I had been here earlier, I want to suggest Valerian Root Tincture. It is calming, and also helps you sleep.

If you don't get major discounts for all this, you need to start mentioning lawsuit. This is absolutely unacceptable. I suspect you have been sounding too nice and accomodating, so they figure you are a pushover. You need to limber up either your "hysterical female" or "loom and menace".

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, i slept ok, body woke me at 6:30 but i did get 6 1/2 hours of restfull sleep so thats good

its now 8 am and there not here and no call yet.
limbering up hysterical red head, and warming up large scary looming father too!

i agree, this is ridiculous and i have been too nice, if they dont make this right at the very minimum there will be complaints filed with BBB, there relying on that accreditation to get them business, and i have no problem letting BBB know whats gone on here even if they do give me a huge discount!