Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok im falling apart here guys.

got a call at 6pm...
there not comming.

heres "the deal" as told by the driver.

the accident happend (which i did confirm is truth) the driver then had to rent a truck, because of short notice he had to rent it in his name for the first 24 hours, the office gave the go ahead and would be sorting everything out today so that they take over liability and payments for the rental truck while in use.
however the rental truck company called, the office hadnt been in touch noone had paid for the truck and it needs to be returned by 8pm tonight or will be filed as stolen!
the truck guys in this situation need to return the truck, obviously or be arrested for a stolen moving van.

according to the truck guys office had told them they had called me at 5pm and explained the situation to me, canceled this truck and would be re-arranging a new truck.

now, i have recived NO calls from the office, only from the truck guy!

so i called the company and left a message...the sales dept woman calls me back from "her cellphone" IMEDIATLY (seems a little odd that she got the message within 3 seconds of me leaving it on the company answering machine when shes not IN the office...) shes at the hospital right now because someone (she said who but i didnt catch it) had a stroke...but she had "tried to call" (lie, we have call forwarding so even if the land line is busy it rings out to 3 different cellphones if noone picks up) and that the truck guys were at fault, they have stolen the truck everything on it and all the money (deposits are cash or card, but final payment is only cash) so shes claiming the guys have stolen the rental truck everything on it and all the companies money.

so, in short i blew up at her and told her if the money is not refunded to my account by monday laywers will be involved (not a lie), and that i will be calling first thing monday morning to confirm action has been taken to refund my deposit...

truck guy is now saying that once they get this truck returned (which i have no clue if its empty, has other peoples stuff on it or what?) that hell price up a 10 and 14ft truck with the rental company, and would be happy to come and do my move Privatly, and hell give me a quote as soon as he gets this truck dropped off (and finds out how much a 10ft'r will cost.

i have NO idea who to trust right now, because truck guys are saying the owenr of the company is a lying sack of manure, sales lady is claiming the truck guys have up and stolen everything...

ill be honest, i called the truck guys and told him shes telling customers that they have stolen the truck the goods and the cash...
I dont know if thats just me being mean or if i was fishing for the responce...
thing is, im so flustered right now i cant trust my own judgment and dont know if the sound of shock and anger was genuine or fake...

Im fighting tears right now.

called all the big chain companies and nooen can cal me back untill monday at the earliest...but monday is columbus day so it might be tuesday...

i dont know what to do right now, im so exhausted, and so mentally broken, and dont know whether to laugh, cry, scream or shoot things.

im going to have to bring jack jacks cage back in and rebuild it, its going to be tuesday at the very earliest before i even have a chance at another moving company...thats if i can afford it with the rush fee added and the added expense...
he cant live in a dog crate for the next 2 weeks while im trying to sort this out.

im going to be spending this evening filing complaints with EVERYONE that will let me, from BBB to protect your move, and reveiws on every site i can find...
im done...
im just...

anyone in CT know of a couple strong guys with a 10ft moving truck want a job of driving my crap to TN?

i just seriously dont know what to do right now.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
complaints officially filed with BBB and US DOT federal motor carriers saftey admin

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:hugs Take a deep breath. It is very stressful right now but just try to take it one step at a time. I have done several cross country moves and there is always something... That probably doesn't make you feel better right now.

Maybe just kick something, yell really loud, and then try to go to bed early and get some sleep. Things always have a way of looking better in the morning...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If you weren't so far away, and if you weren't going so far, I'd bring over my 16' stock trailer and move you. :hugs

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
If you don't trust or like those people, I wouldn't let them touch your stuff.

Get a new company, even if you have to wait a day or two longer.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Ugh, that really stinks. Go outside in the dark and watch for the meteor shower that is supposed to happen tonight, maybe with a dog to sit on your lap.

I can't offer any advise about moving since we moved ourselves over time using our own muscles and a horse trailer. It was a lot closer than your move to TN! Good luck getting everything sorted out.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I know it stinks that this isn't happening when you want but my gut is saying RUN away from this company as fast as you can! Which you have at this point. I'm sorry you'll lose your deposit but I think it actually could have been even worse! Not all that helpful I know... I've never been in a situation like that and can't even fathom the stress level. :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh i wont be loosing my deposit...she said itll be back in my account monday (tues possibly ebcause of columbus day) and if its not, shell get to deal with mastercard directly when i call them and tell them the company defrauded me.
shell also have to explain to the corporate sharks...i mean laywers...as to why my deposit hasnt been refunded.
dad is also checking on modnay to see if we have any legal grounds for monetray compensation for time lost, lost motel reservations, and the usual emotioanl damage...
im already "emotionally damaged" playing thee games with a bipolar chick with al kinds of anxiety issues, and daddies free high class high power company laywers willing to sue over a lollypo stick is probbaly not a good choice on their part.

right now im going through options, tomorrow morning ill be calling a couple of the pods/upack type systems, when i ddi some price checking a while ago they wouldnt deliver to the door but dad said he saw one that would and its about the same price as truck...
dad will help me load it (heavy stuff first) then on the other end i can unload the boxes and managable stuff and hire a couple of local guys for an hour to get the big stuff out for me...namely the fish tank, washer/dryer, freezer and window AC unit, everything else i can unpack myself.

im not even interested in going with truck drivers offer...no insurance means even if i did trust him with my life...im not risking it...

took a couple deep breaths, some zombie pills (anxiety meds) and had a baked potato with sour cream and a butt load of cheese and am feeling a little more stable...(though it could also just be tired and carbs setting in lol)
gonna do some more looking online so im armed with numbers first thing tomorrow then make a bunch of calls and try and get something set up for early next week.

tomorrow were gonna rebuild jacks cage since he cant stay in the dog crate all , with dads help itll only take a few mins, i can do it on my own but it can bea pain to wrestle with as its on wheels lol.
the linies dont seem to mind their smaller accomodations right now and jasper and ruby are loving being allowed on the bed so im not too worried about them.

i guess overalli should feel glad that with all this hitting the fan...it happend BEFORE my stuff was put on the truck...
makes me doubt the main office even more on the claim the driver stole the truck...if that were thecase surely he woudl have come down here, and taken my stuff and cash for 1/2 down too?! wasnt a big move but it would still be more stuff to fence and more money...
but yeah, no way in hell am i trusting any of those guys ever again

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
oh i wont be loosing my deposit...she said itll be back in my account monday (tues possibly ebcause of columbus day) and if its not, shell get to deal with mastercard directly when i call them and tell them the company defrauded me.
shell also have to explain to the corporate sharks...i mean laywers...as to why my deposit hasnt been refunded.
dad is also checking on modnay to see if we have any legal grounds for monetray compensation for time lost, lost motel reservations, and the usual emotioanl damage...
im already "emotionally damaged" playing thee games with a bipolar chick with al kinds of anxiety issues, and daddies free high class high power company laywers willing to sue over a lollypo stick is probbaly not a good choice on their part.

right now im going through options, tomorrow morning ill be calling a couple of the pods/upack type systems, when i ddi some price checking a while ago they wouldnt deliver to the door but dad said he saw one that would and its about the same price as truck...
dad will help me load it (heavy stuff first) then on the other end i can unload the boxes and managable stuff and hire a couple of local guys for an hour to get the big stuff out for me...namely the fish tank, washer/dryer, freezer and window AC unit, everything else i can unpack myself.

im not even interested in going with truck drivers offer...no insurance means even if i did trust him with my life...im not risking it...

took a couple deep breaths, some zombie pills (anxiety meds) and had a baked potato with sour cream and a butt load of cheese and am feeling a little more stable...(though it could also just be tired and carbs setting in lol)
gonna do some more looking online so im armed with numbers first thing tomorrow then make a bunch of calls and try and get something set up for early next week.

tomorrow were gonna rebuild jacks cage since he cant stay in the dog crate all , with dads help itll only take a few mins, i can do it on my own but it can bea pain to wrestle with as its on wheels lol.
the linies dont seem to mind their smaller accomodations right now and jasper and ruby are loving being allowed on the bed so im not too worried about them.

i guess overalli should feel glad that with all this hitting the fan...it happend BEFORE my stuff was put on the truck...
makes me doubt the main office even more on the claim the driver stole the truck...if that were thecase surely he woudl have come down here, and taken my stuff and cash for 1/2 down too?! wasnt a big move but it would still be more stuff to fence and more money...
but yeah, no way in hell am i trusting any of those guys ever again
aww hell darlin, I'm soo sorry! :hugs :hugs
If I was there, or even closer and we were already moved I'd come and help ya in a heartbeat. Most of that stuff I can move by myself, so it wouldn't be a problem :) I hope you get your money back and then some, that's crap that they did this to you. Heck, now you make my breakdown today seem like a happy day in candyland :hide

:hugs :hugs :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
meltdowns are inevitable before a move so dont feel bad about that lol...

this is just a messy meltdown..
Ill get through it...
and everyones hugs help!

as a side note colowyo...at this rate youll be moved before me! something to be said about DIY moving i think.

im thinking something like a upack might be a good way to go...but ill have t call in the morning, i cant get them to let me get a door to door on the relocube and a 26ft trailer "pack at will" trailer wont fit up the drive, or it will, but wed have no place to put the cars i it did and theres no place on the street (its not quite 1 lane but close, and illegal to park a 26ft trailer down there) and then the problem of how would we get everything from the garage down a 45 degre decline and a length of a good say 100 ft...i need something deposited at the top of the drivewy about big enough to park a small car in...then delivered to my house...why is that so hard?!