Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I would do the following. Rent a UHaul in the size you need, plus a dolly for your car.
Load that ruck up, put your car on the dolly, and head out.
UHaul one way will be quite cheap for you.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
this is one of those rare situations where I think a good lawyer is called for. You have lost time and money and both you and your animals have gone through days of unnecessary stress. The moving company acted in a completely unprofessional manner. If you don't sue, they will have gotten away with it, and will be free to do this to the next poor sap that tries to hire them.

By the way BBB is a waste of time because all they are is a 'good old boy' network that charges a fee to list the company as a good company. If they get complaints about a company they contact the company--- money changes hands and voila! the company is in like Flint again.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
I would do the following. Rent a UHaul in the size you need, plus a dolly for your car.
Load that ruck up, put your car on the dolly, and head out.
UHaul one way will be quite cheap for you.
Have you gotten a truck quote lately? Not so cheap! :ep Especially on short notice. Those $19.99 rentals don't include the exorbitant mileage fees and those are also not the rates for one way rentals. That's just for in town.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
uhaul wants $1500 JUST for the 10ft truck, an additional $200 for the tow bar (which i can say i wouldnt feel safe towing my car anyway, ive never towed anything,my car is quite large (sebring so its long) and ive never made such a long drive in my life (i typically limit myself to 3 hours per day TOPS) plus 6mpg for aprox 1800 miles (cause you gotta add on the milage from the closest place to pick up to the closest drop off place. (about $700 in gas) then id still need t least 2 good hands on the other end for an hour at least...

budget comes in at $1300 just for the truck, but wont let you haul on anything less than a 16ft truck (which is closer to $1800)

i did think about going that route origionally but was literally almost physically sick at the pirce they want for the truck rental alone!
if $1500 inc gas and a driver id be up for it...but thats just for a 10ft-er...
i cant belive how expensive simply renting a truck would be.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Do you need me to come up there with my truck? :lol: That's just crap the way they have done you. :/ What a bunch of knuckleheads!! :smack

:hugs :hugs

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Do you need me to come up there with my truck? :lol: That's just crap the way they have done you. :/ What a bunch of knuckleheads!! :smack

:hugs :hugs
Now there is a thought!

I had no idea Uhaul had gotten so bad :sick

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:hugs Do you have a local church that you may be able to go to to see if there is anyone that would be willing to help you out? If you are able to talk to the pastor then he could point you in the right direction. If you offer to pay for someone's meals and lodging for the trip up and back and moving if they have a truck/trailer you could use then you could do it way cheaper. Just a thought.

I don't know what else to tell you other than , I'm sorry and at least the creeps didn't steal your stuff too :hugs

Latest posts