Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Happy partying! Us old folks over here in this house will be in bed :p

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, party was nice, quiet, hanging out chilling kind of set up, then back for breakfast this morning, but lord im tired now. I wont be late to bed tonight, infact id happy go right now LOL!

today started my new years res...
I did the January jump start challenge ive been seeing on facebook, (its a list of 5 excersizes you do eveyr day but each day the number of reps increases

I also made my start on my 1 mile a day self challenge. I ran a google maps image of the park through a lot size finder and figured out where I had to walk to make a full mile and we did that today (cause the walking trail isn't finnihsed yet)

and little rex bunny is going home tonight apparently...
both angoras go home this weekend so that just leaves little loppy boy to fin a home for.
still waiting on confirmation and time for the goats tomorrow *fingers crossed*

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yay rexy boy has gone home.

1 bunny left to sell!

still no word about the goats though *grr* lol.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hope you get word soon and it's good word!! :D Congrats about the bun!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well, i got an email back, he was going o come tonight but it wouldn't be until after dark and with the mud i said how about tomorrow...
so it looks like the trio wil be going home tomorrow afternoon.

whent out and got bunnies fed and waterd, had to defrost the cage clips because they were all frozen...but that's done, then took a haybale down for the goats, hay in the bags and the rest on the floor (its cheaper than buying straw lol)
couldn't find pig at first, then saw the pile of straw at the back move, shes built herself a fort apparently LOL! so i just tossed the hay going on the floor all around her.

heard a loud BANG, go outside and the tweedle dumber (the my age neighbor) had shot their pitbul...apparently they "think it MIGHT hav had heartworms"
WAIT WHAT? i know around these parts its not unusual for farmers to tend to the euthanasia of terminal animals including dogs...but heartworm is VERY treatable, and NOT expensive either, slow kill method, 1 bottle of $30 ivomec and you've got treatment...
Sadly though i kind of feel relived, the dog was not friendly...he was constantly chasing my car if he was loose as i passed and he spent his etire life on a chain in the back yard...ive never seen them pet him or interact with him for anything more than tossing alpo on the ground...he dint even have any blankets or straw or anything in his dog house and were not exactly florida weather right now...
and at least it was quick, he shot him in the head point blank with what i think was a .22

but still kinda freeked me the hell out and theres a pit in the bottom of my gut...poor dog. he wasn't an old boy and he was VERY pretty....in the right hands he would have been stunning...
i don't even think he had a name...:/

anywho, MY crittersare safe andsound.
part of me wats daizy to kid today/tonight ligsare soft, but shes showing no discharge, no ground pawing, but ill still recheck her at bedtime. ive already old the buyer that if she kids before pick up kids will be an extra (discounted if bought with the other 3 but still extra...if theres a spectacular doeling i may keep her...lol.

anywho.

i apparently needed lots of sleep becase i whent to bed at just after 10 and i didn't wake up till 9:45am...
kinda thrown me off schedual, but i obviously needed it.

its too cold for a walk today so im planning on putting on the wii fit after lunch and doing 2000 steps. (about a mile) on the wii step.
will probably try and do the 30 min zumba routein too...
but first...a cup of tea!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
you English folks and your tea :p ;) It is cold indeedy! Glad you got word, AND it WAS GOOD! WOOT!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i know right...
just checked on the goats cause they were yelling at me, so i fed early BRR its cold out.
don't think daizy will go tonight...but i don't think shes got long, if she doesn't go tomorrow id say this weekend...kinda hoping tomorrow morning though
heaven knows the weather is PERFECT for goat labor (coldest its been in years)

but if she doesn't go before leaving for her new home its probably for the best, i don't have any colostrum on hand, and i realy cant afford to bottlefeed right now...

otherwise, not much going on....
got my January jumpstart challenge done for the day...everything else isn't too bad but the plank kicks my tuckus.
probably going to turn the wii on and zumba it up in a minute, itll also warm me up lol.
not got a single idea of what im doing for dinner though...hmm...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's that global warming for ya.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sure hope Daizy doesn't go toight, but you are right, they will pick the worst weather ever just to drive you crazy!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well no babies and shes off with the herd somewhere in the brush so doubt itll be today either.
guys supposed to be coming at 1pm to pick up her, buttercup and aspen, that'll be a nice little weight lifted knowing they are safe and from the sounds of it, spoilt. lets just hope everything goes smoothly with that.
both daizy and buttercup are the skittish ones (there not aggressive or terrified, but I will have to catch and leash/carry, there not just going to follow us to a truck lol
aspen should be fairly easy, hell follow me everywhere if it means he can rub his stinky head on me LOL!

had someone email about the pig...nothing in stone yet...
still not sure IF ill sell her or not...if they offer me full cash price though I think it would be silly to say no. especially since I think small pigs like kunes will be better suited to the NJ market...
plus the logistics of getting everyone moved is realy setting in...the small animals are not as much of a problem, but the pig is not small LOL!

othernews...
ITS COLD....like I seriously think this is the coldest its been while IVE been here...(with record breaking lows expected this weekend) and we're about 10 degrees lower than average...
I keep thinking towards the future and finding a place that Rarely gets below 40 or above 85 is looking VERY appealing
seems ive got to head to N-CA/S-OR areas for that through...
I don't handle cold well anymore, and I Hate it when it gets too hot to function.

no real plans for today, send goaties home, possibly hang with some friends tonight for dinner, generaly keep warm LOL!