Pj homestead

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Been a frustrating few days. I have so much to do outside and the last 3 days we have had nonstop freezing rain with silver traw. Cant get out to do anything. Just going to the chicken coop to feed the girls is dangerous even with ice cleats on you can barely stand up. Thankfully the weather is supposed to turn around tomorrow.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do NOT know how you northerners deal with that weather. I am a cold weather wussie for sure. We hit 86 today. :hide But, give it another month or so and I'll be complaining about heat, humidity, and the dreaded "H" word.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I do NOT know how you northerners deal with that weather. I am a cold weather wussie for sure. We hit 86 today. :hide But, give it another month or so and I'll be complaining about heat, humidity, and the dreaded "H" word.
I cant stand the heat would rather be cold anyday if I'm cold I can put on a sweeter if I'm hot there only so much that can come off and I'm still hot.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I cant stand the heat would rather be cold anyday if I'm cold I can put on a sweeter if I'm hot there only so much that can come off and I'm still hot.
That's what I always say to people! When I lived in South Africa I struggled through the hot summers and remember taking several cold showers daily to try and cool down on the worst days. Here, when it's cold, I can put a coat on and I'm fine. Much better!

With that said, I hope the weather will turn for the better for you guys soon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no - that's what air conditioning is for, lol! I guess it's what you get acclimated to. But, I certainly admire anyone who can accomplish anything in those challenging conditions!

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd have the air conditioning going year round if the wife would let me lol.
Our weather turned around today and we had a nice sunny day. I didn't get much done here but had a busy day. A friend who has a large farm nearby called an asked if the wife and I could give them a hand so we spent the day there. The wife had a great day helping give the lambs their needles and giving them their ear tags.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is a nice casting net. I have used them, netting bait for trot lines. I am impressed that you can make one!