Plain Dress

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Pinkfox I have the same problem with skirts in the summer when I am not wearing panyhose. I have split skirt slips- they are like cullottes for under a skirt. They are light and looser than bike shorts, which can be binding.

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I also hate my thighs rubbing. Kwik Sew patterns has an easy one piece pattern for long and short winter under wear that is way easy. I made the short version out of cotton Lycra with reglar elastic at the waste and stretch lace at the bottom. They are very comfy and even look nice. Solved my rubbing problem.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
I'll let you in on a little secret ;) Bike shorts! Just about every "fulltime" skirt wearer has a set of cute fitted shorts. And for winter, I like 3/4 to full length leggings
???

I read further and this is for chafing? I only have that issue if I'm running. I don't think I could bare to wear anything under my skirts. I don't even wear panties LOL.

PinkFox, I'm with you. It's hard to be self conscious around my people too! I love the pirate look!!!

I need a few good corsets. My niece is very busty at a young age and the first thing her dad did was get her GOOD corsets. Give her more support.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
I'll let you in on a little secret ;) Bike shorts! Just about every "fulltime" skirt wearer has a set of cute fitted shorts. And for winter, I like 3/4 to full length leggings
???

I read further and this is for chafing? I only have that issue if I'm running. I don't think I could bare to wear anything under my skirts. I don't even wear panties LOL.

PinkFox, I'm with you. It's hard to be self conscious around my people too! I love the pirate look!!!

I need a few good corsets. My niece is very busty at a young age and the first thing her dad did was get her GOOD corsets. Give her more support.
:lol: I am not exactly slender in the thighs. Plus, living where I do, that layer is the extra bit of warmth needed in winter ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well DUH foxy...of course...
i wear my bloomers all summer under my garb, odnt know why i never thought of wearing something similar under a normal skirt...

LOL!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
Well DUH foxy...of course...
i wear my bloomers all summer under my garb, odnt know why i never thought of wearing something similar under a normal skirt...

LOL!
:hugs :lol:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Baby is sleeping, so I will try and get this done real quick :lol:

Grew up with standard moderate dress. Head covering on Sunday, but no plain or super modest dress.
In my teens began to take notice of the Old German Baptist Brethren in our area.
Was intrigued by the beautiful dresses.
In my 20s, I started looking into head covering full time more.
This of course led into looking at wearing dresses/skirts more.
The last century has seen changes in female dress that had never been seen in history before, and I was intrigued by that.
I love period dress :love but it is not practical for everyday, or for work.

As tends to occur, I swung very hard to the other side of the pendulum.
I adopted the OGBB dress, and over time moved more towards Old Order Mennonite.
Maintained a mix of that for many years.
After moving to Alaska, I slowly moved into a more modern skirt and blouse variety, along with jumpers.
Today, my closet has jumpers, skirts, and now a fancy pair of flared jeans that I wear with shorter dresses.

I want to state that no where in Scripture, does it say that women are not allowed to wear pants.
There is a verse that makes mention of breeches for the priests, but guess what? That was their underwear, worn under there tunics, so that if upon entering the Holy of Holy's they were to be struck dead, they would not be exposed when being drug out :)

The verse that talks about men and women not wearing that which pertaineth to the other?
Well, men are not to wear the woman's head covering, and women are not to take on the warriors armour.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And so many people use that verse to say that a woman shouldn't wear pants. I've asked people where in the Bible it says that pants are men's clothing, and no one has been able to show me where.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
And so many people use that verse to say that a woman shouldn't wear pants. I've asked people where in the Bible it says that pants are men's clothing, and no one has been able to show me where.
That is why I like to mention what it is really referring too.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Yeh. I've studied ancient cultures and clothing and the only difference between the dresses boys wear and girls wear is length. And that difference disappears in the cold LOL. Pants are a much later invention and weren't any more gender specific than dresses for a very long time :p

Glad you know your history :)

It's warming up enough for me to be in skirts and a midriff for the next six months. WOOT! I like men's shirts, and I roll the sleeves and tie it off under the bust. :D

Although I'll be doing more things in my colors and that'll be fun.

Latest posts