"Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Pretty soon they will make picking your nose illegal and consider it a possible contaminated food source. I know I'm being gross but it is ridiculous, what they come up with to spend time on when there are more important matters in the world to worry about.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I'm picturing our founding fathers in Heaven, wishing they had written a longer Bill of Rights. They just did not foresee how badly things could get muddled up.
They did. The first Congress threw out the first two Bills-- one had to do with apportionment (I think to prevent jerrymandering) and the other one said that in order for Congress to get a raise, it had to be approved by the people....

Maybe if those were still in the Bill of Rights, a lot of this kind of stuff wouldn't be happening, because the only people that would be running for office would be doing it because they truly wanted to-- not just because it's the REAL FREE LUNCH

savingdogs said:
Pretty soon they will make picking your nose illegal and consider it a possible contaminated food source. I know I'm being gross but it is ridiculous, what they come up with to spend time on when there are more important matters in the world to worry about.
They come up with this because there is a huge, bloated bureaucracy that has to worry about making sure their job, at least, continues to be necessary.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I read the court case.....this is not about "just anyone milking a personal cow on the farm for personal use"

both of those statements made were referring to the case as it was tried.....they are not just to be applied to just anyone.

the case quoted:

Since Aug 13, 2009, 35 individuals from 24 households, (etc etc)....were dianosed with Campylobachter jejuni infections....(etc etc) and recently all consumed raw milk from the Respondents farm (Zinniker Dairy)

This is all about LLC, licensing, cow shares and the legality of consuming milk under a false sense of ownership, etc etc being tried in court.

This is all about 'this dairy' not having the proper licensing to give its owners 'their share' of raw milk etc

so it is way more legal....than just blurting out a few lines from a judge making it sound like NO ONE has a right to personal milk from their own cow.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Ahem!!! Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to produce and consume the foods of their choice
Please read bolded.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the plaintiffs are the owners of the farm, the LLC and the so-called owners of the shared interests etc.

it is not saying for any second that a person owning a single cow can not drink their own raw milk....it is even not implying that in any way shape or form

it is all about legality of selling to members etc.
the legality of boarding cows and then are 'they under a diary farm regulation'
and the legality of having a Retail Store license to 'sell raw milk' to members who are so-called owners etc etc

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh and since 2009 (only 2 years) 35 people in 24 households ALL hospitalized. all in common same bacteria. Drinking this 'farms' raw milk.
that is alot in 2 years also. If I was them I would be more worried about lawsuits :p :p
but of course if they have the right paperwork and legal on their side, then the 'ownership' and the owners are responsible for their own raw milk even if they board the cow I guess. hmmm....

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
the plaintiffs are the owners of the farm, the LLC and the so-called owners of the shared interests etc.

it is not saying for any second that a person owning a single cow can not drink their own raw milk....it is even not implying that in any way shape or form

it is all about legality of selling to members etc.
the legality of boarding cows and then are 'they under a diary farm regulation'
and the legality of having a Retail Store license to 'sell raw milk' to members who are so-called owners etc etc
:th Oh brother.
We know that. We also know that all of us do face the real risk of losing our freedoms as we have them.
Our choice. Not some judges choice.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Ahem!!! Plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to produce and consume the foods of their choice
Please read bolded.
I don't see how anyone can get around THIS ONE statement! It's ridiculous, no matter what the "context" or who the plaintiff is. Our rights are slowly being eroded because people see things like this and say "oh, well, in that "context" it's okay and doesn't affect me personally."

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
How is it different from boarding your horse or leasing or half leasing a horse? It would be the same thing as making that illegal....that the only way to be able to ride a horse would be to own it completely and keep it and ride it only on your own property. It is the SAME thing, IMO. When you choose to ride a horse, you are taking a risk. When you choose to put any food or drink in your mouth, whether you have produced it or purchased it, you are taking a risk. We should be allowed to choose our risks.....especially when the risk under question is statistically EXTREMELY LOW.