"plastic" feed bags

ga_goat

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I just built 2 connected chicken houses here in South Ga . and used old deck flooring for the walls with 1 inch spaces between them and am going to open up the plastic bags and staple them on the sides this winter .

Lalaith

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I fill mine with composted manure and sell them for 5 bucks a pop at the end of my drive.

Lalaith

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Ha ha ha! I see your surprise :). The area near me has unfortunately become somewhat developed in the past few years and there are lots of new subdivisions with lots of people looking for garden supplies. I guess we make the most of the situation.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lalaith, I think that is an awesomely clever reuse of the bags! :clap

Now, if you drop some hints about what to do with them after they empty the compost out of them, they could join the world of SS'ers, too!

Lalaith

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
:) Thanks! I don't have anyone bringing back the used bags so I wonder what they do with them...

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I have a mountain of feed sacks. I think I'm going to try making some totes and selling them on my Etsy site.

Oberhaslikid

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I save my bags for my neighbor she is digging out the base for her root celler shes making from earth filled feed bags.
This year she used them for her raised beds. She filled them 1/4 of the way rolled the top around and placed and tamped into place .Lined these like blocks into the shape of the bed and filled the bed with soil. Then planted.