Please don't think I'm a nutso!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok I'm having serious "nutso" creepy stuff happen right now lol. Ghost related creepy. I don't like it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok so a family friend passed away this past year, and his family has a tradition of splitting up the ashes among those close to them (we have some of his father's ashes also). His sister put some of friend's ashes in the center of one of those nesting dolls, you know where there's multiple smaller dolls inside each other? He was a prankster and she thought he would appreciate the humor. Anyway the doll has been sitting on a high shelf in our bedroom.

I found the dolls all on the floor, each one was opened and the ashes are gone. Nowhere to be seen. These dolls open hard, if they hit the floor they wouldn't bust open. DD and dogs can't reach the shelf, we don't have cats.... No reason why it would be like that. We have carpet in the bedroom also.

The doll doesn't live in our room anymore. It CREEPS me out! Lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Easy, the prankster is messing with you. Personally, for me at least, ashes are meant to be scattered. You have carpet, those ashes would have made at least a spot on the carpet......... Wonder what the "ghost" is doing? Rounding up his own ashes to scatter them in a favorite place? Maybe he's going to put them all in his sister's doll. Haha, joke's on her!

My sister in law has a shrine to my brother, centerpiece is his urn of ashes. That's just not me, to keep ashes.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They're my husband's family friends, that's how their family does it. I told DH maybe his dad pushed him off the shelf, lol.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The last few nights it has been super clear up there in the sky. I think i mentioned i live in the middle of nowhere. No street lights pitch black if I get far enough away from the house. We don't even have curtains on the windows. Why? Well why would we care if a deer peeks in a window.

I have a favorite place I like to sit at night and star gaze. It's amazing to just look up and see soany stars you couldn't even begin to count. Then the milkyway looks someone took a bush and ran it across the sky.

My son, his wife and my two grand daughters who lives up in nothern IL in the big city came for a visit. They we're scared because there are no street lights. I said ah... Nothing to he scared of deer don't eat meat :) I did finally convince them to come to my favorite spot and just sit and look up. It took a while because they used their cell phones as flash lights to see in the dark but I can walk back there without any light because I know the path.

Once I convinced them to kill all the lights they we're in awe... I said just wait and keep looking up. Give it a few minutes for your eye to adjust. Focus in on a grouping of stars. Then after a few mins of silence they all were like this is so cool... It's like the stars are right there in front of my face. It's like I can reach out and touch them. Then I said yep now look around and tell me what you see? Wow they all replied I can see the trees now and bushes and grass. It's like it's almost day light outside but it's pitch dark.

I then said what you are experiencing is the way God intended it to be and I
quoted from the good book Gen 1:16
"God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also."

Then I said I really have nothing more to say... And we sat there quite with the stars right in fornt of our faces and being able to see in the dark, soaking it all in. It was a very moving experience for them. But for me I have to have this experience often or I just feel like I'm missing something in my mind. Hard to explain in words but it's a very comforting feeling and makes me realize just how small I am.

Not a single cell phone flashlight came out on the way back to the house - there was no need.

Do you all know what I'm talking about?

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh I do :) We were sitting outside late last night, when it was finally dark enough to clearly see the stars (sun sets after 09:00pm here still) and just looked at them and enjoyed them. I do miss this from living on our farm in S.A. Seeing the night sky.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it's back again... I watched it for a good 10 mins before it disappeared just like that. I need to get a better camera than my cell phone but here are some pictures on maximum zoom from my cell phone of this weird thing in the north eastern sky.

Long ways off
Screenshot_2018-07-08-23-48-19.png

Moving closer to where I was sitting.
Screenshot_2018-07-08-23-47-53.png

Not quite overhead but close
Screenshot_2018-07-08-23-47-21.png

Fly over almost directly over head it moved real slow. I mean real slow and no sound what so ever.
Screenshot_2018-07-08-23-46-47.png

Just after I snapped the last picture it vanished gone no more to be seen. What the heck is this thing?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here is the overhead picture zoomed in with contrast at Max for my cell phone pictures editor. It looks like a face doesn't it? Weird...

Screenshot_2018-07-09-00-08-22.png