Please don't think I'm a nutso!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok maybe I shouldn't be posting this but I feel I really should... since last night while walking the dog I seen it again. It flew right over the house. It didn't make a sound. But this time I hurried back to the house and got my wife to come see it. Sure enough it was still there but was some distance away. We concluded it must be some kind of drone.

My first time I seen it. Feb 27 2017 about 8:45 PM CST I sent this text to my family.

"I just had a massively weird experience with a erratic flying triangle something.

The lights started to flicker in my truck including my headlights and I had to pull over - this is a new problem with my truck maybe the alternator is starting to go out :(. When I pulled over, I noticed it in the sky flying weird and snapped this picture.
PART_1488249703865_IMG_20170227_201854102.jpg

Notice the arch of whatever coming from the bottom of this weird triangle flying thing. My cell phone did not take such a good picture but it had a row of 7 white lights down each side shaped in a triangle. It zoomed off quick shortly after I snapped the picture. I've never had anything like this happen to me before - just plain werid.

Blow the picture up it's the light on the top right. Notice the visible arch coming out of it underneath it. The two lights on the bottom are from a farm in the distance. This wasn't a little flying thing either it was pretty big and I didn't notice it making any noise at all.

What you guys think some kind of drone or stealth aircraft?"

Well besides all the heckling and ET jokes... One of my son's took the cell phone picture i took and ran is through some filters and sent it back.

He said he "Brought out the exposer. Doesn't do much since the shutter speed on your phone isn't great enough to get a quality image."
FullSizeR_2.jpg

Anyways - I'm really not nutso... I seen it twice now and my wife seen it with me just last night. I don't know if I've made mention of this before... but I live in the middle of nowhere... There are no street lights and on a clear night I can actually see the milkyway. I l really like star gazing, now that I live in a place where the Stars are allowed to shine. It's really amazing how many satellites there are up there and on clear nights I can see them along with so many starts I could even begin to count. I'm getting pretty good guessing the time based on how high the little dipper is in the sky too.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The last few nights it has been super clear up there in the sky. I think i mentioned i live in the middle of nowhere. No street lights pitch black if I get far enough away from the house. We don't even have curtains on the windows. Why? Well why would we care if a deer peeks in a window.

I have a favorite place I like to sit at night and star gaze. It's amazing to just look up and see soany stars you couldn't even begin to count. Then the milkyway looks someone took a bush and ran it across the sky.

My son, his wife and my two grand daughters who lives up in nothern IL in the big city came for a visit. They we're scared because there are no street lights. I said ah... Nothing to he scared of deer don't eat meat :) I did finally convince them to come to my favorite spot and just sit and look up. It took a while because they used their cell phones as flash lights to see in the dark but I can walk back there without any light because I know the path.

Once I convinced them to kill all the lights they we're in awe... I said just wait and keep looking up. Give it a few minutes for your eye to adjust. Focus in on a grouping of stars. Then after a few mins of silence they all were like this is so cool... It's like the stars are right there in front of my face. It's like I can reach out and touch them. Then I said yep now look around and tell me what you see? Wow they all replied I can see the trees now and bushes and grass. It's like it's almost day light outside but it's pitch dark.

I then said what you are experiencing is the way God intended it to be and I
quoted from the good book Gen 1:16
"God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also."

Then I said I really have nothing more to say... And we sat there quite with the stars right in fornt of our faces and being able to see in the dark, soaking it all in. It was a very moving experience for them. But for me I have to have this experience often or I just feel like I'm missing something in my mind. Hard to explain in words but it's a very comforting feeling and makes me realize just how small I am.

Not a single cell phone flashlight came out on the way back to the house - there was no need.

Do you all know what I'm talking about?

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Overheard at TSC yesterday, between 2 middle aged men:

"Oh look. Ducks! Let's get a duck. They are CHEAP."

"What are we gonna do with a duck?"

"It would be fun. We could let him run around the house and stuff."

"I'm not sure I want a duck."

"Aw, come on. We could take him out to camp and let him swim around."

"Nah. I'm not sure about that."

"I'll buy you one."

Conversation shifts to the help desk, with store manager.

Manager: "how can I help you?"

Customer: "I wanna buy a duck."

Manager: "You can't buy just one duck. You have to buy 6."

Customer to his friend: "He says we gotta buy 6." They then walk out of store, empty handed.

Yet one more case of animal lives saved by the "minimum of 6" policy.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ETs always appear and communicate to those in remote areas. Could you imagine the mayhem if they made themselves known to thousands or millions of people all at once?

@JanetMarie
No ETs around here yet. Just this strange lil fellow that came with the house. I think he french but can't be for sure, he's a heck of a gardener though so I'm cool with him being around. I keep tell him to put some clothes on before he freezes his wieners off.
uploadfromtaptalk1448930245744.jpeg

He also has a strange way of getting around.
uploadfromtaptalk1448929995046.jpeg

uploadfromtaptalk1448930134405.jpeg

uploadfromtaptalk1448929719170.jpeg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I remember on summer night - must have been in fall of 1982 or so. We were sitting on the hill at my cousins place and we were watching a couple of lights flying through the sky to the northwest of us. They definitely were not planes as they changed direction instantaneously and their speed varied so much. They would zip one direction, then fly off at a entirely different direction - like flying due east, then -zip- flying off to the north-west. They stayed in the same area off in a rural area with cabins and lakes and woods. Lots of woods.