Plowing with pigs....and worm farming?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
In the good ol' days (which I am a lot closer to than you children,) pork was cooked exptremely well to deal with this worm. Part of the problem is that this a worm that can be picked up from eating animal remains that have it in their system and as pigs are omivores, they are one of the animals that pcik it up readily.

I wonder is this is true with chickens too who free range although I have never seen it discussed- but I've heard that chickes will eat dead animals too. But maybe they are too different a host for the worm to survive.
Truth is that I believe that meat eating is hedge against starvation- even in the US the cycle of crop loss due to drought or other disasters is followed by people butchering livestock for consumption when they no longer can feed them. It adds several months to a year of being able to cope with crop loss. Part of the farming cycle. I think that is the reason that there are no successful cultures of strict vegetarians. A bad crop year or two can basically eliminate them.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Big long worms. In fact in the beginning she said she felt very sick and almost wanted to give up because her body was detoxing, but then she got rid of her worms and felt better.
Let me see if I can find a link for it. You can peek if you want.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh simple

I am here just wincing at the computer....oh man......

Big long worms. are you kidding me? that is insanity...that came out of her? oh - gosh - I am laughing and dying here at the same time and now you gave me the link....dare I?

oh boy, debating to hit that link.....oh boy....LOL

Thing is right now Tony just pulled in from the market and I have to go help him unload....so this link will be checked later....when I can handle it....gotta get a handle on this before I read it.

I can do so much on a farm and blood and guts don't bother me at all...but a big long worm in people...UGH--Argh.....pansy I am :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
OK Miss Too Much Information. ;)
Yup, that about sums it up!

Bee you have more knowledge than I thought possible for one person to have, good and bad.

But I am ROTFLMBO at FC's reply to your post! :gig

FC, don't ask, she won't tell :gig

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:sick OMG I clicked it I read it OMG OMG OMG

Excuse me, gotta go toss my cookies now,

and FYI, don't try eating anything while reading that!!! :sick

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am a big advocate of deworming...had to do it a couple of times as well. I had alot of foot longs come out of me. It is an ordeal the first time, but boy you sure feel alot better when it's over:>) No more fibromyalgia...lots of energy, brighter eyes and a digestive system that is in good working order!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Holy Moly Quail

you clicked the link...I am still chicken to do it....oh boy!

OMG! I want to...but can I?
LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morel

wow---foot longs...I am in amazement. I read about the parasite cleanses and never did one.

Can you tell me what you took please? I am very curious....how often do you do something like this?

WOW...this thread is throwing me for a loop...HA HA HA