Plugged ears

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The only thing that works for me is anti-inflammitories and decongestants. Many times Advil alone usually does it.

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sometimes when people complain of stopped up ears, the problem is actually a build up of ear wax in one or both ears, which is very common. Without looking into the ear canal directly with an otoscope, that would be difficult to know for sure. If you suspect this is the problem, you can buy a syringe (or the entire ear wax removal kit) at the drug store to irrigate ears, which also may come with ear drops to help soften the ear wax. The syringe looks basically like a bulb syringe used to suction infants. A (half/half) mixture of hydrogen peroxide and warm water works well as an irrigating solution for the ears. Depending on how bad the wax build up is, it can take awhile before you will see any results. Sometimes the wax comes out in pieces or maybe a huge chunk. If you decide to irrigate, make sure you do not stick anything directly into the ear canal.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
a nice hot tea sipped slowly usually helps me if only temporarily. Helps thin the secretions and helps them move. Ive even placed a very warm wash cloth just behind my ear and side of my neck to help move things along.