PMS HELP- GIRLS ONLY

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BBH: how did you like it? I use calm & cool paste, but its not always available. I have an emotional tb gelding in an open stock trailer, he stresses.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
MsPony said:
BBH: how did you like it? I use calm & cool paste, but its not always available. I have an emotional tb gelding in an open stock trailer, he stresses.
Yeah, trailering through downtown Houston (jack hammers, heat, stop and go traffic, blaring Mexican music, constant "yee hawing", speed deamons etc.) was enough to put my boy over the edge; he was toast by the time we got to our destination.

I liked it. It wore off fast though...like after an hour or so. I kept it in my saddle bags so I could give him more if needed. :p He was a rescue horse and came to me with tons o' issues. Now after much retraining, he is the best horse I've ever had. (He is my "big brown horse".)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
If you're craving seafood and spinach- go for it. Your body had a good idea there. The spinach probably helps with iron. Cholesterol is needed to make the hormones, so your body is probably trying to balance itself.
My pms cravings were usually pizza and pretzels, and all that extra sodium made the bloating worse. My blood sugar dips easy on my period too. That can make us moodier.

Sun and Sky

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Spinach and shrimp both help with iron levels, which helps a lot with menstrual fatigue.

On that note, has anyone tried Black Strap Molasses? Its very high in iron (and a bunch of other minerals) and a tablespoon or two in warm/hot milk taste like a mocha and are AMAZING when I'm on my period, and very good for energy.

For natural help for hormone regulation, try evening primrose oil. I used this for several years to help me with acne that always popped up (literally) right around my period, and it worked well; not just with acne but with pain and moodiness too :) I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Linoleic acid and gamma-Linolenic acid in it.

For something less natural but arguably more effective, a low-dose birth control keeps those hormones right in check ;)

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
I have been outside a lot, so I am too tired to be cranky. I am craving saurkraut and I smell like a moose. :lol:

Latest posts