Pollster: Americans Are Pre-Revolutionary

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
R2D2 said:
Mark, not at all disputing the numbers you posted.Just wondering why i'm always hearing and reading that the rich are paying next to nothing in taxes...It's really kinda confusing, who are we to believe..? Are the wealthy really paying as much as you've posted..? Or are they getting a free ride at the working Joe's and Jane's expense...? Wish i really knew..!
It's because the taxes we're talking about are income taxes. There is no wealth tax until you die.

In related news, there was a recent story of a man in Michigan who was on food stamps and hit a large lotto payout (millions). He took the payout in a lump sum payment, the month after that, his income level allowed him to qualify for food stamps again.

Michigan lotto winner

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
From the article...This conclusion follows Caddells observation last November that a sea of anger is churning amongst Americans who want to take their country back and that the nation stood on the brink of a pre-revolutionary moment.

It has started in the US. We're there.

I remember being trapped in our car with my mom with the doors locked during the riots of the 60's. My mom was screaming and I was one terrified kid watching women and men beat on the car. I hope and pray the kids of today never have to feel that kind of terror. I'm afraid the young people that think everything is hold-hands-and-sing-kumbyah are going to be in for a huge shock when who they thought were their friend turns on them.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth Beanie...! The kids are going to be shocked,partly because the parent's didn't believe it to be true, so they never bothered telling the kids...pretty sad...