Pollster: Americans Are Pre-Revolutionary

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Cannot stand Nugent either. I read a ranting article he wrote for some publication and was disgusted by his extremist talk regarding gun use on fellow humans.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Leta said:
He is an utter hypocrite.
Don't know him. Don't care to. All I have to go on is what he writes. I like what I read. He is a capitalist though, and I love a good capitalist! Capitalism has done more to raise the standard of living of a populace than anything else out there.

ETA: Also, I like his thoughts on gun control .

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yikes! Looks like I'd be better off just lurking around this one, but I have to say, you guys are right on the money. I scored Libertarian a long time ago. Seems that this is a collecting point for that type so I know now why I like it here with you all!
Just remember the words of Benjamin Franklin, "If we do not all hang together we will assuredly all hang separately!"
Trim sends
//BT//

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ahhh...come on Icu4dzs...you a lurker this time around..? lol.. Lets hear what you really wanna say...!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OK R2D2, you asked for my opinion, you got it.

K0xxx said:
This is why the founders of this country bestowed us with a Republic. When queried about the type of government the Constitutional Convention had just created, Benjamin Franklin famously replied, A Republic, if you can keep it. Our government has become bastardized into a Democracy over the last 60 years.
That is the crux is the entire issue. The Democrats have, by giving out everything free to folks who have the right to vote but don't have the ability to know what they are doing, changed the voting population into a force that elected our current administration. Everyone likes to tout the "corporate greed" thing any time they want, but can't deny that there are hard working people at all levels of society that have invented things and made our country the most developed in the world. There are folks all over the world who are so jealous of this that they spend their days, plotting and hoping to destroy us out of nothing but sheer jealousy.

The question then becomes quite simple. Do you support the Constitution of the United States of America or not? It IS that simple. We have the best FORM of government that has ever come to the face of the planet Urantia (Earth). The issue is "do you support and are you willing to defend the Constitution with your life?" I spent 40 years in the uniform of MY country. I had to work for whoever was in office. It is NOT the people in office that I defended, but the document that gives us the right and DUTY to remove them from office when their behavior warrants it. There IS a right way to do it and that is the only way I wish to see it done. I am NOT in favor or willing to create or support any violence but will support the change of the PEOPLE who are in office and replace them with honest human beings. We have clearly defined ways to do this and it is spelled out in the Constitution.

Being a Libertarian, I am in favor of the rights of the individual so far as they do NOT interfere or countermand the rights of others. Too much of my money is being "given away free" because some folks claim that they are poor. Well, I am here to tell you that if they think they are poor then they can submit to drug, alcohol and nicotine testing before they get a check or vouchers for their needs. (Vouchers would be MY answer). I would also put term limits on welfare and any program that gives MY tax money to anyone without having to do an honest days work to get it. Sorry, that "I have to stay home with my children" dog won't hunt! You get ONE mistake with illegitimate children. You make more, tough. You lose your benefit, NOT increase it.

This country used to be operated on the "rule of law" whereby people had respect for the law and respect for the folks they chose to operate the business we call "Government". They don't do that now and so we are being gradually replaced by folks who refuse to work, refuse to participate in society in a meaningful manner and who fail to perform any civic "DUTY". They TAKE but they don't GIVE anything. That system of "supporting the poor" has gotten us into such a mess that our children's great grandchildren will still be in debt when they die! Enough.

There were a large number of folks in the Southern states who found the federal goverment to be meddling into their affairs to such a degree that they were willing to fight a war and die for what they believed in. Do we have that kind of people NOW? ARe the welfare recipients willing to demand their checks with violence? Are we willing to defend ourselves against that kind of maniacal behavior? What happened during the French Revolution? The peasants revolted against a corrupt form of government and that was a blood bath which can never be repeated.

The reason I have been lurking is because I AM doing something about it, on my scale. I am now the Mayor of my small city. I am changing the way government is managed by getting the citizens of my city involved in city government so they have a say in what happens. I am doing something PRO-ACTIVE to stop the alarming trend of government abuse.

Look into your own hearts and minds and decide for yourselves; "Are you going to let this continue or are you going to do something PRO-ACTIVE to change our country back into a "government of the people, by the people and for the people"?

How do we do this? We use the ballot box. WE get our friends and neighbors to "get mad as H*ll" and decide they aren't going to take "business as usual" in Washington anymore. We need to use the ballot to "clean the house" and the senate and we need to stop the "royalty syndrome" that has consumed our governmental halls. Term limits are mandatory. Those who lead must be able and willing to follow. They are chosen to represent, not RULE! We need to take our system of government back from these pseudo-royalty bozo's by electing new folks and assuring them that they are there at "our will and pleasure" not THEIRS! The opportunity to represent our wishes to our form of government means they do what WE tell them, not decide what they think is "best for us". Who needs parents? I need representation.

But as my good friend K0xxx has noted, out society has all but lost this fight and now we are in the death throes of a once wonderful nation, able to withstand the violence of any nation in the world who would do us or our friends harm. Now we are over populated with hungry mouths who think we "OWE" them a living because of some ancient and past complaint of treatment of their ancestors. If you don't know the story of the "Goose that Laid the Golden Egg" it is time you read it because the goose is now laid wide open and there are NO MORE GOLD EGGS to be had.

Revolution for the sake of change is one thing, but there can be NO justification for any violence in order to do it. That is the message that the Constitution of the United STates of America tells us.

Either you believe it or you don't. One way or the other, you'll take that belief to your grave and leave it for the next generation to decide. My hope is that you will use your ballot to make your wishes known and not your weapons.

If you know folks who would use weapons, be careful what you say or do around them. They don't necessarily have your best interest in their mind. They will do what they think they can get away with because they can intimidate others with threats of death or harm to those we love. They will steal what you have put away with hard work and your earned money. They will justify their actions with platitudes that have no meaning and contradict the Constitution of the United STates of America. They are NOT your friends. All you have to do is remember the way the Nazi's treated folks in Germany back in the 1930's and 40's. Who stood up to that evil? Certainly not the citizens of Germany. They gave their tacit approval by not doing anything about it. Are we that intellectually poor that such a thing could happen again?

If on the other hand, folks with weapons come to your town, house or whatever and threaten your friends, and neighbors and family with intimidation and violence, then you must fight with all your might to defend your freedom and the continued survival of the United STates of America and the Constitution which governs it.

If you fail to defend our way of life, it will surely be taken from us and we will be turned into subjects of a vile and evil ruler that has no mercy for anyone who does not "kiss his ring" and worship him as a "g*d". We have known this time was coming for many years. The book of Revelation told this to us. Now it is time for us to stand up to evil and not let it overtake us. The question is DO YOU HAVE THE COURAGE AND FORTITUDE TO DO IT? It can be done and with the help of the one TRUE and LIVING G*d, we will prevail because as I said above, "If we all do not hang together, we will assuredly all hang separately." (B. Franklin)

YMMV
... --- ... // ... --- ...
PRIORITY: URGENT

1808_images.jpeg

Trim sends

//bt//

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You know, Icu, I agree with a high percentage of what you just wrote. But I voted for Obama, which it seems pretty clear you did not. I honestly don't feel AT ALL that we would have any more freedoms had we elected McCain, and I'm tired of tax policies that bury my family.

That's really where I'm at: I think disability and food stamps keep people from begging on the streets, and that's GOOD. Unambiguously. I don't mind paying in my fair share. But I'll be damned if I think my little family of five, living on well under $40K per year, should pay more in taxes than GE. No. I don't care how great of a "job creator" they are, they should have to pay AT LEAST as high a percentage of their profits in taxes than their employees earn.

Welfare for actual human beings is teeny, tiny drop in the bucket compared to corporate welfare. I blame the US Supreme Court Cases (Citizens United, but there was a much earlier one, too) which define corporations in the same terms as humans are define for purposes of the Constitution. I think James Madison is spinning is his grave.

My political philosophy is pretty simple: individual over government, government over business, environment over everything. Because of this, I never really fit it. I'm too Libertarian for Liberals, and too Liberal for Libertarians. Eh. I figure if I'm pissing everybody off, I must be on to something.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
These are all the programs that the new Republican House have proposed cutting.
Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy. $445 million annual savings.
Save America 's Treasures Program. $25 million annual savings.
International Fund for Ireland . $17 million annual savings.
Legal Services Corporation. $420 million annual savings.
National Endowment for the Arts. $167.5 million annual savings.
National Endowment for the Humanities. $167.5 million annual savings.
Hope VI Program. $250 million annual savings.
Amtrak Subsidies. $1.565 billion annual savings.
Eliminate duplicative education programs. H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
U.S. Trade Development Agency. $55 million annual savings.
Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy. $20 million annual savings.
Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding. $47 million annual savings.
John C. Stennis Center Subsidy. $430,000 annual savings.
Community Development Fund. $4.5 billion annual savings.
Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid. $24 million annual savings.
Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half. $7.5 billion annual savings
Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20%. $600 million annual savings.
Essential Air Service. $150 million annual savings.
Technology Innovation Program. $70 million annual savings.
Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program. $125 million annual savings.
Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization.. $530 million annual savings.
Beach Replenishment. $95 million annual savings.
New Starts Transit. $2 billion annual savings.
Exchange Programs for Alaska , Natives Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts . $9 million annual savings
Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants. $2.5 billion annual savings.
Title X Family Planning. $318 million annual savings.
Appalachian Regional Commission. $76 million annual savings.
Economic Development Administration. $293 million annual savings.
Programs under the National and Community Services Act. $1.15 billion annual savings.
Applied Research at Department of Energy. $1.27 billion annual savings.
FreedomCAR and Fuel Partnership. $200 million annual savings.
Energy Star Program. $52 million annual savings.
Economic Assistance to Egypt . $250 million annually.
U.S. Agency for International Development. $1.39 billion annual savings.
General Assistance to District of Columbia . $210 million annual savings.
Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. $150 million annual savings.
Presidential Campaign Fund. $775 million savings over ten years.
No funding for federal office space acquisition. $864 million annual savings.
End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act. More than $1 billion annually.
IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget. $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees. $1 billion total savings.WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees. $1.2 billion savings over ten years.
Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of. $15 billion total savings.
Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress.
Eliminate Mohair Subsidies. $1 million annual savings.
Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. $12.5 million annual savings
Eliminate Market Access Program. $200 million annual savings.
USDA Sugar Program. $14 million annual savings.
Subsidy to Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). $93 million annual savings.
Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program. $56.2 million annual savings.
Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs. $900 million savings.
Ready to Learn TV Program. $27 million savings..
HUD Ph.D. Program.
Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

My question is, what THE HELL is all this doing in the budget in the first place?

Fortunately, these folks won't riot in the streets if these programs get cut.

Trim sends
//bt//

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That's all?

With all the garbage, they could only find that much to cut in ten years?

Give ME the budget! *gets out the red marker*