Pork Steak recipes please. (Bacon photo on page 2)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
lol! Do you see the rest of the meat? It is deep red, just like beef. Hey you other pig peeps, is that how your meat looked? Must be a pastured pig thing.

I have 5 1/2 boxes full of it! I had to rent some deep freeze space at my best friend's house. I don't even know if that bacon is wrapped in one pound packages...could be more.

MtN he was a very easy keeper...and I didn't have to have two. He made a burrow out in the forest area next to a downed tree trunk. I never built him a house b/c I didn't think our winters would get very cold. (And I thought he would be butchered in the fall. Well, they did!! And he burrowed down on the cold nights and seemed to be just fine. (I didn't know butchers get very busy in the fall with processing the Tgiving eats AND what ever the hunter's kill. My pig had to wait in a month long line.)

For what it is worth, he didn't care that he was the only porker on the property. :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yep, BBH thats what 'real' meat looks like!

and LOOK at all that bacon!

For what it is worth, he didn't care that he was the only porker on the property
Bourbon Red says that if single pigs develop emotional problems.. they wont last long enough to need therapy, if you know what i mean
;-)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Soo, BBH, what you gonna do with all that bacon? Planning a trip down south soon ;) Or I might just have to come up there and visit my sister and take a detour to your place. I'll be glad take some of that bacon off your hands :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Pork rules! OFG was right!

If you guys lived closer I'd have a Hawiian luau with this giant ham I've got here...one of 4 by the way. :p I'm wondering how the heck else are we are going to chip away at these hams???? I need to have a PARTY!!!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
well, it totally sucks that you are way on the other side of the continent. I would have no problem helping youeat those hams. :drool

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Pork rules! OFG was right!

If you guys lived closer I'd have a Hawiian luau with this giant ham I've got here...one of 4 by the way. :p I'm wondering how the heck else are we are going to chip away at these hams???? I need to have a PARTY!!!
um. dude. you know that me and The Big Man ate 78 pounds of ham last year? ourselves. and we weren't even trying. and we were done by mid summer. i'm not kidding. it was ham-tastic!

hey! Free is right - you ARE a rock star! whoooooot!

ham feed at BBH's!!!

:)