Preg Goat 911 - * good update, looks like she is ok

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would get Banamine into her ASAP. At a rate of 1cc per 100 lbs. It is for pain and swelling but also has anti-abortive properties. If she has gone into labor, it won't stop it but if she hasn't it could help.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks! i'll see if the feed store or the neighbors have it

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'm not much help on goats, but I'm sending prayers your way and lots of hugs :hugs

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Feed store won't have it. Hopefully the neighbors will. You have to get it from the vet. I'd be happy to give you some but I bet I'm a bit of a ways.

I would probably do the banamine once a day for 3 days.

If you have a regular vet, I don't see why they wouldn't sell you a bottle of it. Always good to have on hand and can be used on all the livestock. Not horribly expensive either.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks - the neighbors are on the job. if they dont have it they are tracking some down... whew. golly hope this silly girl is going to be ok.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
and i just checked her.. she seems fine. still a little skittish. no physical changes, she doesnt seem distressed, she was happily chewing her cud and hanging out with the chickens.

here's hopin....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sent ya an email

this sounds like one tough goat..HAHA

all should be fine I hope!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
still looking good. i sat with her for a while and got more goat drench down her just in case.

the first thing i thought when i saw her was OH CRAP! but then it reminded me of our breeder friend - he special ordered a $1500 buck and came home and found him strangled, hung on the fence. he said the only thing he could do was get in his truck and drive away. then, of course he had to just come home and find a buddy with a dozer. he planned his entire breeding program around that buck and had to start all over.

goats. man. i'm sure a cow wouldnt have done this!