Preparedness for SHTF or Mutant Zombie Biker Invasion .. Ready?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
DONT LISTEN TO HER BOYD! SHE'S CRAZY!!!!

and btw - scroll back a page, BBH! i already said it!!! hee hee hee hee hee

and dude - dontcha just love that the zombies are now bikers! whoot! let 'em at us! we'll give 'em a rat-a-tat-tat from the turrets!!! Ti will be manning (dogging?) the Gat and Lucky will be on the grenade launcher!

whoot let the zombie biker begin!!! (say - are they still flesh eating zombies or is that passe now??)

and just so's ya know.. we were working down by where the pigs were last year and the wind shifted and dang... i can still smell them son's of bacon..... wow. stink stink stink......

unrelated: i need ice cream now.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I finally convinced SO to attempt some water storage. He had a plastic barrel that holds maby 25 gallons. He placed it under the spot where the rainwater runs off the dog pen roof and it filled up in no time this winter.
Recently a friend came over with some water testing device and for the fun of it tested our different waters. The tap water from the well had the highest ppm (parts per million), the rainwater in the pond had nearly none, and the rainwater in the barrel registered 0 !!! It did taste plasticy though. So we probably wouldn't want to drink it. But it impressed SO enough, that he is now willing to acquire food grade plastic barrels to be made into rain barrels. :weee
It is a little late in the season for us for this year, but I will feel a whole lot better having them at least for next year. Since we are on well water, we can always rig up something for getting the drinking water. I also recently saw something on line for a handcranked pump that I think would be a perfect accessory for folks like us.

I am going to see if I can find it again

Cascadiana

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Since I live between A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE population-wise (Seattle and Portland), I'm hoping my central location and being three secondary roads removed from I-5 back in the hills will result in all those Harleys running out of gas before they find me. :)

Of course, I also rely on a tight little community with common interests and experience in self-sufficiency: gardening, raising small livestock, foraging, canning, hunting (yes, we all have firearms), etc.

Last resort will be a few strategically downed trees across the road.

Or maybe attack chickens -- got a few roosters that might scare off the MZBs. :lol:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
How are you prepared in the broadest sense?
I have stockpiled untold rolls of toilet paper by removing the paper core and flattening the rolls into storage boxes (lined with trash bags). I believe I have upwards of 400 rolls now. A lesser number of paper towels.

l.
Why would you stockpile a product that you are just going to throw away?
Find a few yards of flannel at WalMart, cut it into squares with pinking shears, or if you sew, cut the squares and zigzag the edges.
It adds next to nothing to the laundry.

And no, they do not smell up the bathroom either.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Wait, I'm a biker, does that make me a Mutant Zombie? :gig

Since I've moved back with the DH to the farm here in IL (thats another story) I've decided to expand the garden significantly. I'll have a plot for veggies for the Farmer's Market...what doesn't sell will be canned. I plan on being a canning fool this year, with at least 2x, maybe even 3x the amount from times past.

I'm stocking up on Fels Naptha (2 bars with every shopping trip), reusing everything I can, and stocking up on seeds. DH found several "survival seed" packages online, and we're probably investing in those shortly. I also plan on investing in the reusable canning lids that were posted on another thread here on SS.

I've got ammo cans full of med supplies, to include minor surgery supplies and dental supplies. Loads of gauze and cotton, etc. I've also got loads of fire starter.

I just need to convince the DH about reusable TP cloths. I have plenty of material, but would like to get some cloth diapers. I have a few old porcelain chamber pots that can be used for dry/wet storage.

We live in the country, with 360 degree visual either upstairs or down. We have plans to renovate the inside to outfit wood stoves for heat and cooking. I'm working on plans for an in-ground root cellar, offset from the house. DH has plans for the smoke house, and we've even got a spot for an outhouse.

Whats left is rain barrels and stocking on personal items. I'm wanting to learn to make soap from non-store bought items, etc. As for family....in-laws all live within a few miles, and I've already laid down the law to the DH....if they come to live, they work. No freebies here. I have the room and the ability, but the prissy SILs will have to learn to get over their "icky" issues and get their hands dirty. The BILs will have to get over their "mom will take care of it" lazy issues as well. And all of them will have to get over their picky eating habits. Eat it or starve.

As for the defense, again, I live in the country and am proficient with my bow. Silent but accurate my friends :p

Boyd, I'm glad you posted this...although some think its extreme (and thats ok) some of us are right there with you.....so I guess that makes us crazy too! :weee So I'm not a mutant zombie, just a crazy biker chic! :lol:

pdsavage

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok my husband thinks im nuts,he hates my food storage and any preping im doing..He wont even keep the bug out bag in his truck.
Im hoping we don't have proublems with MZB's,we live in a small town (pop 113) that could be defended with a little work.
Being rual helps alot as some poeple here have cattle,goats and poultry.Lots of farming equitment hope no EMP wipes em out.
Oh yeah and guns....
Most yards here are huge my lot is almost an acre and im planting lots of fruit trees,berry bushes,nut trees and bushes.Lots of prenials,and i have lots of heriloom seeds im planting now.I will save seeds from harvested stuff.Oh yeah and a herb garden.
Im getting ducks in may and will proubly get rabbits as another food source.
I just wish my husband would take this seriously,If not im still gonna tell him I told you so when SHTF....
I for the life of me can't remember the site where i read the book about the MZB's and how they survived by banning together...something about a squirl....

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We're in shtf right now. Have been for about two weeks, since dh got laid off. Fortunately we already had the greenhouse up and garden in and the pigs and some of the chickens and rabbits were ready to be butchered. However I didn't have nearly enough stocked, since I am still learning to can. We are planning to keep our disaster stuff in the underground storm shelter we are building. If it comes down to MZB we'll go back to the hills with the crazies LOL.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
The website that you are thing about may be The Frugal Squirrel . I haven't been on their site for some time, but I believe that they usually had survival related works of fiction for download. It's possible that the book where you read about eh MZB was titles "Lights Out". I have a pdf copy that I can send you if you are interested.

It's tough when a spouse refuses to prepare or support your preps. Originally my wife didn't, but living down a in hurricane prone area, it was easy to get her to eventually move from hurricanes to general emergency preps. Try to find some type of local hazard, and get him on board for that. Then expanding preps is not as big of a deal.