Preparedness for SHTF or Mutant Zombie Biker Invasion .. Ready?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
1,458
Reaction score
2
Points
180
Location
NArkansas
Oh and we plan on setting up a 12 volt light system throughout the house and a few 12 volt appliances. Helps keep the generator usage down and can be used without a power inverter since it will run right off the battery. Right now we have two generators and 4 power inverters.
 

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Joined
Aug 18, 2009
Messages
5,488
Reaction score
0
Points
189
It's tough when a spouse refuses to prepare or support your preps.
yep! i was that spouse! then i figured out there might be something too all of this... hum....

:)

go back to the hills with the crazies
hey.. i think i resemble that remark... hee hee hee

:)
 

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
1,332
Reaction score
0
Points
128
Ldychef2k said:
I have stockpiled untold rolls of toilet paper by removing the paper core and flattening the rolls into storage boxes (lined with trash bags). I believe I have upwards of 400 rolls now. A lesser number of paper towels.

.ll.
I have given up on stockpiling Toilet Paper.

I have purchased color coded cheap wash cloths. Every one gets their own color, about 10 a each. And if the SHTF a bucket with lid with chlorine bleach will be in the bath room. I do not expect electricity to go off so the washer will work. If not the chlorine should do the job anyway. I do stockpile bleach

and actually I need to find or get info on other bleaching agents that are in dry form... anyone know about that?
 

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
8,307
Reaction score
0
Points
213
Location
Puget Sound, WA
An ad i found on cl:

Zombie Weapons/Garden Tools - $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Let's be honest here...Romero had it right. One day, some lab worker in a secret underground government laboratory will drop a vial of mutated flu virus and BAM! The world will be overrun with the undead. What if you can't get to a shopping mall that is filled with usable weapons to defend yourself against the ravening horde? What if you are currently woefully under-equipped in the bludgeoning weapon category? What if you don't live near a Home Depot??

That's where I come in.

I happen to have a wall of weapons that will be absolutely fantastic in dispatching the undead to their final, complete demise.

Included in this sale are the following:
2 rakes - a lightweight one for clearing debris and a heavy-duty metal one for clearing bigger...debris.
A 24" electric Hedge Hog hedge trimmer - perfect for keeping the hedges neat and low so that you can see what's coming toward your house.
A 6' extension cord - very helpful with the electric hedge trimmer or to power a generator for nighttime lighting during eveing attacks.
A snow shovel - you're going to need this to clean up your sidewalk.
A long-handled shovel - the stuff isn't going to bury itself, you know.
A 24" squeegee - for the wet stuff; you don't want anyone to slip.
2 metal hoes - one that is the traditional hoe and another that is the type with 4 prongs. Time to hoe some zombies!!!
A pair of pruning shears - for any...loose ends.
A 24" push broom - again, clean up is essential to maintain the pristine look of your home, zombie apocalypse or not.
An axe, just like a lumberjack! A whack here and a whack there and that zombie issue is just a memory!
A hatchet - smaller than the axe, but just as effective. Maybe the kids can use it?
A really awesome pick with a flat blade on the other end - this really needs no more description, does it? It's effectiveness speaks for itself.
A metal mallet - can you say blunt force trauma?
A short-handled shovel - just face it, you're gonna be digging holes.
A gas powered lawn edger - just to tidy things up in the aftermath.
A machete - good for close-quarter confrontations.

All of the electric/gas powered tools work just fine with no problems. The rest of the tools have been used over the years and show regular wear and tear, but all are very serviceable. The reason we are selling is that we are moving to a hidden underground bunker to wait out the zombie infestation. So, no real need to trim lawns.

A picture is below that gives you a general idea of what the tools look like. Please feel free to ask for details or more photos if you would like. Cash only, you pick up.

Of course, all of this stuff could be used for gardening. You know, just until the zombies turn up.

Thanks for looking!
 

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
1,041
Reaction score
0
Points
118
Location
Tacoma, Wa
I'm beginning to wonder if someone from here is posting ads on CL :gig coincidence? or lurker?

I swear it wasn't me! :D
 

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
0
Points
113
Sorry, I just can't....


Mackay said:
Ldychef2k said:
I have stockpiled untold rolls of toilet paper by removing the paper core and flattening the rolls into storage boxes (lined with trash bags). I believe I have upwards of 400 rolls now. A lesser number of paper towels.

.ll.
I have given up on stockpiling Toilet Paper.

I have purchased color coded cheap wash cloths. Every one gets their own color, about 10 a each. And if the SHTF a bucket with lid with chlorine bleach will be in the bath room. I do not expect electricity to go off so the washer will work. If not the chlorine should do the job anyway. I do stockpile bleach

and actually I need to find or get info on other bleaching agents that are in dry form... anyone know about that?
 

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
1,332
Reaction score
0
Points
128
big brown horse said:
A 24" electric Hedge Hog hedge trimmer - perfect for keeping the hedges neat and low so that you can see what's coming toward your house.
A 6' extension cord - very helpful with the electric hedge trimmer or to power a generator for nighttime lighting during eveing attacks.
A snow shovel - you're going to need this to clean up your sidewalk.
A long-handled shovel - the stuff isn't going to bury itself, you know.
A 24" squeegee - for the wet stuff; you don't want anyone to slip.
2 metal hoes - one that is the traditional hoe and another that is the type with 4 prongs. Time to hoe some zombies!!!
A pair of pruning shears - for any...loose ends.
A 24" push broom - again, clean up is essential to maintain the pristine look of your home, zombie apocalypse or not.
An axe, just like a lumberjack! A whack here and a whack there and that zombie issue is just a memory!
A hatchet - smaller than the axe, but just as effective. Maybe the kids can use it?
A really awesome pick with a flat blade on the other end - this really needs no more description, does it? It's effectiveness speaks for itself.
A metal mallet - can you say blunt force trauma?
A short-handled shovel - just face it, you're gonna be digging holes.
A gas powered lawn edger - just to tidy things up in the aftermath.
A machete - good for close-quarter confrontations.

All of the electric/gas powered tools work just fine with no problems. The rest of the tools have been used over the years and show regular wear and tear, but all are very serviceable. The reason we are selling is that we are moving to a hidden underground bunker to wait out the zombie infestation. So, no real need to trim lawns.
Reminds me of the Texas chainsaw massacre and lawnmower man. :ep
 

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
1,332
Reaction score
0
Points
128
You may when your 400 rolls of TP run out.... elsewise make sure you are very good at plant identification.

Ldychef2k said:
Sorry, I just can't....


Mackay said:
Ldychef2k said:
I have stockpiled untold rolls of toilet paper by removing the paper core and flattening the rolls into storage boxes (lined with trash bags). I believe I have upwards of 400 rolls now. A lesser number of paper towels.

.ll.
I have given up on stockpiling Toilet Paper.

I have purchased color coded cheap wash cloths. Every one gets their own color, about 10 a each. And if the SHTF a bucket with lid with chlorine bleach will be in the bath room. I do not expect electricity to go off so the washer will work. If not the chlorine should do the job anyway. I do stockpile bleach

and actually I need to find or get info on other bleaching agents that are in dry form... anyone know about that?
 

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
2
Points
203
Location
Southern California
Frankly, I have had a crappy day. I am over it.

"Hey Mutant Biker Zombies" she yells out the front window ...."bring it!"
 
Top