President help needed!! NOT Political! Chicken naming!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
So towards the end of last year (I am thinking it was in October or November? I'd have to go through and check) I was blessed with five beautiful chickens from keljonma!

What's this got to do with Presidents?!

Well, all five chickerdoodles are named for Presidents and their wives! Courtesy of keljonma and her husband! I love it, think it is soooo cute and such an original idea, and I kept all five chickerdoodles names as they were.

Polk is a black cochin roo. He is GORGEOUS. *note to self, get new pics* He's always FIRST to greet me when I get to the pens to open them up for the day. When I bend down to pick up feeders/waterers he's right in my face, will look me dead in the eye and say, "What'cha doin'?" I love it!

Quincy is a blue frizzle cochin. He's the most shy out of the group, and likes to hide under the rabbit cage when I take out food/water and treats. Soon as he realizes there's treats, he races to me like he has to be first!

Louisa is a blue Cochin. She's the "genteel" lady of the bunch, and doesn't like to get her feet (er feathers?) dirty. She has taken up residence in the brooder coop DH built inside the coop last year with the Mille Fleurs. She refuses..and I do mean refuses! to come out. She won't even hop off the roost except to eat or drink when I am putting the fresh food/water in for them.

Monroe and Elizabeth are a pair of Cuckoo Marans. Monroe is quiet embarrassed right now because he has suffered this winter, and unfortunately has a frostbitten comb. I cried when I saw it. I've been putting Lanolin on his comb at keljonma's suggetion. He's also now in the brooder with Louisa and the Milles until his comb heals.

Elizabeth is dominant, and commanding! She has a total "air" about her that clearly states anything we do for her, well it just isn't good enough! She knows what she wants, where she wants it, and when! The battle wages on with her, as she is insistent that she ONLY goes into the coop of her choosing and only when she chooses (or so she thinks!) lol

Here's where I am needing help, I am sure I could google it, but, thought I'd just ask LOL
Was Louisa President John Quincy Adam's wife or Polk's???? And if she was Quincy's, what was Polk's wife's name?

I am asking because my DH has lamented that we do not have a Black Cochin Hen for Polk, so we have ordered 3 Black Cochin Pullets. At least ONE of these new girls (not arriving until end of February/March) will need the proper name!!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Ok, I googled it...:lol: Her name was Sarah!

Maiden name was Sarah Childress!! :)

So, we're going to have a GIRL Black Cochin named Sarah! :D

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I peeked at this post a little hesitantly- you know trying to avoid political firefights. :hide
But I'm so glad I looked- totally funny- so many chikens wwith such digified names. :lol: A living chicken history lesson. :D

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
I peeked at this post a little hesitantly- you know trying to avoid political firefights. :hide
But I'm so glad I looked- totally funny- so many chikens wwith such digified names. :lol: A living chicken history lesson. :D
ROTFL!!!!!!! I guess I should put in the title NON-Political thread! LOLOLOOL but who'd believe me?! :p

We've decided the other two girls will be named Michelle and Belle, so Polk is going to have a nice little trio of "wives". :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I gotta meet ANYONE who has this much fun just naming their chickens!! LOL! LOL! How close to Mansfield are you??

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I gotta meet ANYONE who has this much fun just naming their chickens!! LOL! LOL! How close to Mansfield are you??
Hmmm Not sure? How far is that from Massillion? I'm an hour and a half drive South of Massillion.

Most of my chickens here are named :) I have roughly 80?? and they all have such unique personalities!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
QA - Easier than google...

Canton Ohio is the home of the First Ladies Library. All the info you need about First Ladies is here. And great pics too.

http://www.firstladies.org/biographies/

Information about Louisa Catherine Johnson Adams, wife of John Quincy Adams

http://www.firstladies.org/biographies/firstladies.aspx?biography=6

Information about Sarah Childress Polk - a really interesting and smart woman!

http://www.firstladies.org/biographies/firstladies.aspx?biography=12

Here is where you can find all the presidents. And tell me when you look at James K. Polk if you don't think of Polk.... ;)

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
enjoy the ride said:
ROTFL!!!!!!! I guess I should put in the title NON-Political thread! LOLOLOOL but who'd believe me?! :p

We've decided the other two girls will be named Michelle and Belle, so Polk is going to have a nice little trio of "wives". :gig
THAT is just SOOOOOO wrong! :/

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
So towards the end of last year (I am thinking it was in October or November? I'd have to go through and check) I was blessed with five beautiful chickens from keljonma!
Sunday, Nov 23, 2008 ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
keljonma said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
Sunday, Nov 23, 2008 ;)
Thank you!!

That's when I got my Fab Five ya'll!!