Problem with our neighbors and the location of their deer stand...

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
You might need to get more than the game warden involved. That sounded like a threat to shoot your goats.

He can get another survey done but unless there are obviously gross errors in the previous survey the new surveyor has to go with what is already done. If he damages or removes the survey markers he is in violation of the law.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes, please keep your goats in until you call the game warden, it does sound like a threat to them, poor dears. Beligerant neighbors are disgusting.
Tina

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Gotta say I agree with the others. Time to call the police again, and the game warden.

I always would want to try to keep he peace wih neighbours, but hems fighting words. :/

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
*in my puzzled/lecturing tone*
Why didnt you call them (the game warden/DNR officer) in the first place in addition to your secret UA plans? I thought you were going to.......Why did he let himself get drawn into a shouting match......AND last but not least, why did you two tell anyone you were mad?

I am really sorry QA. It is difficult to have run ins with anyone. I would suggest trying to avoid any more confrontation type of situations. Avoid the a**h*** like the plague until you get a chance to fill the law in on the situation. Did you ever check regs and codes?

Be careful. Drinking and guns dont mix.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
roosmom, I have no good answer for you. I've been letting DH handle it, but apparantly that was a mistake.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
roosmom, I have no good answer for you. I've been letting DH handle it, but apparantly that was a mistake.
I am really sorry I even posted that, I did not want to upset you. I really wasnt looking for answers. You know, maybe it wasnt a mistake, he was probably just as lost as you, and like most everyone else in the world, he hoped it would just resolve itself before it got any further. :(

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
It's no problem, you didn't upset me, roosmom. :) You were trying to be helpful, and I appreciate that.

I think DH was trying to handle it between neighbors, since I have had a repoire (is that how it's spelled?) with the wife and he didn't want to ruin a friendship with a neighbor for me.

At this point, I just want the crap to stop.

spiderman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
post your land, or put up safety zone signs, that should stop him.

If not, and he trespasses on posted land he's in trouble.

Or you could just be really really loud all deer season.

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Deer also dislike flapping tarps and moving things. Tie a few tarps out .... you know ... you have to dry those things before you can fold them up ;) and let the wind blow!

Good luck!