Prophecy 2012 Inca, Egyptian, Mayan, and Aztec... End of the world?

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
of course it doesn't make it fact, but they do good documentaries.
I think their shows are darn good and informative.

but are they total truth etc....no--they give all sides of the information and let the viewer take it from there.
I sure do like those channels...but of course that is me.
Discovery channels are all great. They are a nice break from the dramas on other channels and god save us from the reality shows. I also like TLC. Too bad the satellite providers make you get the more expensive packages to get that programming. Our providers basic pkg has the local channels and a bunch of shopping channels. You don't get Discovery or TLC till you go up to 3rd tier.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:

but are they total truth etc....no--they give all sides of the information and let the viewer take it from there.
I like them too but I take them with a grain of salt.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I get Discovery and TLC and all that on the 2nd tier.
Can't afford the next one..LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
FarmerChick said:

I like them too but I take them with a grain of salt.
As with everything in this lifetime.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It would be just my luck the world would end in 2012. That's when I finish paying off my student loans. :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea as I see it everyone who truly believes this end date---why aren't they going hog wild? racking up debt, going on expensive trips, quit work, etc. etc. Heck if it is only 2 years til the end, why live your existing life? Why wouldn't you live your fantasies and just go hog wild?
LOL

I guess I better run out and spend money and buy all the junk I want now and play with new toys before the end comes...:bun :gig

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
yea as I see it everyone who truly believes this end date---why aren't they going hog wild? racking up debt, going on expensive trips, quit work, etc. etc. Heck if it is only 2 years til the end, why live your existing life? Why wouldn't you live your fantasies and just go hog wild?
LOL

I guess I better run out and spend money and buy all the junk I want now and play with new toys before the end comes...:bun :gig
I always wanted one of those jetskis

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now is your time! LOL

I want a big new shiney giant truck! Hmm....if I get it now I can out run the payments. They will never catch me for 2 years.

Hey while you are at it, get me a jet ski also OK?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Some "expert" on NPR was explaining this theory the other day. I put expert in quotes simply because I cannot remember what his background was. Anyway, he said that to the Incas, 2012 was just the end of 1 cycle and the beginning, just as we look at buying a new calendar when one runs out.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
UT OH--no crazy spending then...I might have to pony up the payments after 2012

HAHAHAHA

yea that makes sense. I doubt any culture in the olden days could ever or ever have the ability to know the date the world ends (for real)
A new change, a dramatic change etc could be predicted..but of course waiting and seeing is the best answer.