Pumpkins & Mother Nature

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I bought whole pie pumpkins this year. I also picked up some butternut squash. You can use that too. Since it is low carb, I use a lot of pumpkin and squash.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i just saw that too!!!

we have about 20 pumpkins and butternut squash out on the porch so i think we are safe!

but not sure what my MIL is going to serve for Tday if she cant BUY a pie!!!! wish me luck gals - our happy turkey day is going to be a dilly.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
....not sure what my MIL is going to serve for Tday if she cant BUY a pie!!!! wish me luck gals - our happy turkey day is going to be a dilly.
Ahhhhh. The fun of family relations this time of year. :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I heard that it won't affect the canned pumpkin supplies for this Thanksgiving, but will make supplies short until next August. Of course, during the news report I heard (NPR) they really made it sound like the only way to get pumpkin for a pie was out of a can! Silly people! :lol:

Edited for sloppy grammar.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
....not sure what my MIL is going to serve for Tday if she cant BUY a pie!!!! wish me luck gals - our happy turkey day is going to be a dilly.
Ahhhhh. The fun of family relations this time of year. :D
the drinkin is gonna start early this year........

;-)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
the drinkin is gonna start early this year........

;-)
I am right there with you ohio....you remember the Chevy Chase movie Christmas Vacation? Nuff said.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I was reading on another site about the pumpkin pie shortage issue. When I went to open the thread, I thought that these survivialists types would be having fun about city people panicking over a pie shortage.
I should have known better- as far as I have ever seen, they had only one serious shortage and that in a sense of humor. They were seriously talking about how to accumulate enough canned pumpkin to last til next year. No kidding. Not a single adaption mentioned. Just how to get theirs before it's too late.

For pete's sake, no one ever died from lack of pumpkin pie and I speak as a serious afficiando of pumpkin pies. I could be mistaken though- there could be a shoot out in the grocery store when all these people arrive to get that last can. :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
They were seriously talking about how to accumulate enough canned pumpkin to last til next year. No kidding. Not a single adaption mentioned. Just how to get theirs before it's too late.
:th

That seems to be the general mentality in our population, though:
"Get yours before anyone else can." :plbb OH BOY! :rolleyes: