Pumpkins & Mother Nature

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I wonder if they will use this shortage to permanently jack up the price of canned pumpkin like they did to coffee years ago from that shortage?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
I've got two cans in my panty. I am thinking of selling them on Ebay.
:lol: Seriously.....am I the only one who caught this one??? :gig

Are you selling the cans, or your.........:D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hee hee hee... oh Free we are so glad we have you!!!!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
don't seem to realize you don't HAVE to use pumpkin from a can and you can actually bake one.
i KNOW!! this is one of the funny things in life i keep wondering about. the best part for us is that we used some of the FREE ones we got from our farm market guy!!!

and to Sylvies point - i almost like butternut squash better. but since we have about a billion little punkin's now we'll be using them up. the only thing better than a fresh pie is one thats FREE!

low carb pumpkin cheese cake this year
and the only thing better than a FREE pie is pumpkin cheesecake!! oh man i LOVE it! but for the life of me i cant make a cheesecake. seriously. i cant even make the no bake kind with a prepared crust, philly cream cheese, and a can of cherry pie filling. i think its some kind of curse.... so i'll just dream...

is your MIL the type that would hound you if you politely declined the pie? ........ (to those standing around) Can you believe she isn't having pie?"
HA! are you kidding!! i was on my BEST behavior. something about The Big Man bribing me with all the pumpkin lattes i could stand if i was Well Behaved.

not only was i helpful, cheerful, johnny-on-the-spot for dish drying, prepping, and being chatty and interesting.. i led the charge for the food, had SECONDS, then called them a bunch of armatures when they didnt have the pie right after we ate!

after watchin the dog show for a while (can you believe that little mop dog won???) i said i couldnt wait one more minute for the pie and went and had me some.

so everyone had A Very Nice Time.

and now i'm totally high on pumpkin lattes. this could be worse than the bacon martini episode....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
hikerchick -

you didnt like me on BYC so i doubt if you will like me here. instead of scolding how about if you lighten up and assume its just joshin around.

if not. save yourself the trouble and dont read my posts.

in the meantime, the SisterHood Of The MIL's Who Buy Pies will just have a good laugh about wacky familys, crazy relatives, and people who buy stuff that we choose to make.
I like you, OFG! I totally got your pie humor! :lol: My sis burnt all the store boughten pies we brought her to cook..... :p :D :gig