Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I have a lull while my bread is rising, so I thought I would post some pics:
This is my little greenhouse,
177_summergreenhouse.jpg

This is coop #1. There are 2 Blue Andalusians and 3 Americaunas here,
177_henpenfront.jpg

This is our cabin coop. It used to be my DS's, but he hasn't used it for years. One side has 7 Buff Orps and the other has 4 Black Australorpes. I also have 3 Dominiques in a chicken tractor that will go in with the Aussies at the end of the week.
177_cabincoopleftfront.jpg

177_cabincoopleftangle.jpg

177_cabincoopdoors.jpg

This is my DS and some of his best friends, (he's in the middle)
177_timmyjacobandycodyjosh927.jpg

This is how he spends alot of his time,
177_oct27race2.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Your coops are wonderful!! I love them! Course, I am coop obsessed....lol

My husband would love to have greenhouse like yours!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow you have a great setup there! My son seems to be alot like yours:>) Scary sometimes huh? I have a cousin who does backflips on snowmachines, and jumps telephone wires in a little 50cc dirtbike. I keep telling my son he is NOT hanging out with Freddy! LOL!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Great looking coops! How do you like your Dominiques - are they reasonable layers?

Pat
Do you mean do I have to constantly go out and try to prove my point to them, while they are strongly but respectfully trying to prove thier point to me?:lol:
(Sorry, couldn't resist)
I don't know yet. They probably won't start for another 3 weeks to a month yet. If I'm not mistaken, I think the average is 3 eggs per week.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
punkin said:
patandchickens said:
Great looking coops! How do you like your Dominiques - are they reasonable layers?

Pat
Do you mean do I have to constantly go out and try to prove my point to them, while they are strongly but respectfully trying to prove thier point to me?:lol:
No no, obviously I meant "do they stack into nice even layers, like bricks sort of?"

LOL

Looking forward to hearing how they work outfor you,

Pat

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
punkin said:
patandchickens said:

Pat
No no, obviously I meant "do they stack into nice even layers, like bricks sort of?"

LOL

Looking forward to hearing how they work outfor you,

Pat
Ohhhhh, :gig I'll let ya know.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
oh my goodness, lol, my DS is only 9 but wants to do what yours does soooo bad! If he lived with me, I can guarantee he would! lol

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
punkin said:
MorelCabin said:
Were you another one of those 60's babies that got named after Tammy Wynette?? LOL! I am...my name's Tammy too :D
I am a 60's baby, but I'm named after the "Tammy" series on TV that I think Debbie Reynolds played in. I have a sister who was almost 12 when I was born. She begged our mom to name me Tammy. Thank God she won out on that: my mom wanted to name me "Mona Lisa". Can you imagine, Mona Lisa for the rest of your life? Ugggghhh!

(Sorry if there are any Mona Lisas out there.)
LOL, born in 1963 and my middle name is Tamara!! :D

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
punkin said:
MorelCabin said:
Were you another one of those 60's babies that got named after Tammy Wynette?? LOL! I am...my name's Tammy too :D
I am a 60's baby, but I'm named after the "Tammy" series on TV that I think Debbie Reynolds played in. I have a sister who was almost 12 when I was born. She begged our mom to name me Tammy. Thank God she won out on that: my mom wanted to name me "Mona Lisa". Can you imagine, Mona Lisa for the rest of your life? Ugggghhh!

(Sorry if there are any Mona Lisas out there.)
I have two cousin sisters--their names? Mona and Lisa.