Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that is interesting 2dream
didn't know it

but I have to wait til after Xmas to see what Tony has in store...if no printer and all to try to make this "to me, useless" camera work...lol...then I will take drastic measures.

I hate stupid things like this...LOL

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Ohhhh.... Make one more loaf of bread for me. Do you have your cranberry swirl bread recipe posted somewhere. I have such a hard time reading everything these days. If its posted can you point me to it? Please.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mmmmmmmm, yes, I can almost smell your bread too! Finally got to catch up on your journal, your greenhouse and coops are lovely!
:D...
Take care,
Tina/tfpets

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
This is the website for the bread:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cranberry-Swirl-Loaf

I love this website and get their magazines, too.

I got all my goals accomplished yesterday :weee
Bread baked, trees up, boys took tests, towels laundered and had a nice pot of soup with grilled cheese for supper.

Kinda got this cruddy sinus drainage and swollen throat since yesterday. I started antibiotics to try and nip it in the bud. I don't really sleep well with this stuff either. My wagon is draggin' today.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
That bread recipe sounds wonderful, punkin. I think I'll have to try that one for the pastor's Christmas open house.

Sounds like you need a hot bath and a hot bed. Take care!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your wagon is draggin'

LOL

I never heard that one.....COOL

yes hit a super hot bath or maybe just put your head over a steaming big bowl of hot water...maybe add a drop of eucalyptus or peppermint oil if you have it...just a smidge.......then do the towel drap and breath it in....honestly it will make you feel better.

hope you improve fast and don't get worse!!!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
hope you are not coming down with that crud stuff that never seems to go away. Hot steamy bath and a good night sleep.

Sure am glad someone met all their goals. I can't seem to reach the 1st one.

Edited to add: thanks for the link to that bread. I am going to put that on my agenda for this weekend.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
yeah, I hope you don't get stuck with this mess for the holidays...I agree, hot steamy bath and a double dose of amoxycillin!!! Kills it every time.

Hope you feel better darlin'!

Oh, and thanks for the recipe...sounds yummy!

Lori

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Awwwww. . . thanks you guys. :frow

I am feeling much better this morning. Still just a little achey (how do you spell achey?, i.e. my joints hurt) I got a really good night's sleep with the help of a couple of Tylenol PMs.

FC: You've never heard of "draggin' your wagon?" And you being a farm girl and all? :gig You're so busy you don't have time to drag yours.

LA, 2D & Kel: I hope you enjoy that bread. It's one of my favorites now. Everyone I gave it to loved it.

Gonna get some Christmas shopping done today. I know what I'm getting all the kiddos. I'm trying to figure out something for my 88 year old Aunt who lives across the road from us. She is almost deaf, but she gets around extremely well. DH suggested a door bell with a light that would get her attention when someone rings it. Most people who visit her have to tell her they are coming so she will know they are outside.

DS want money for Christmas to buy parts to rev up his 4-wheeler. I wish he would put it back for a rainy day, with the economy being as it is. But, it's hard to get that through an 18 year old's thick skull :he

No more homeschool until the first Monday in January. They boys (I suppose I should say "young men") are doing really well. They are all completing their work without much fuss.

The weather is really strange here. Right now at 8:45 am it is already 61 degrees. The wind is pretty gusty, too. With all the rain we've had, it wouldn't take much to topple some trees out of their mushy footing.

Well, time's a wastin' and I gotta get going. Check in later . . .

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hmmmm, no school til January 5...does that mean the young men all just come over and stay around but dont do school work? Thats the way my house used to be, when we lived in town, or when the boys got transportation...Yup, they like the smell of food cookin'!
That looks like a great link, thanks.
Take care,
Tina/tfpets