Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
THose are absolutely beautiful geese! Trade you for a Mommy and Me quilt :D :hide
As tempting as that is, I think I'll get more of a return selling Sebbie Eggs and Goslings :lol:

Up-the-Creek said:
Did I miss something Quail?? Did you get rid of all your pigs?? I must have missed that somewhere.
Yep, all of those pigs are G O N E! and I'm not sorry in the least! whoot!

It was kind of funny, because they carried the pigs from the kennel down to their truck - their 4x4 couldn't get up our drive with the livestock trailer. The one guy dropped his piggie! :gig He sumo wrestled that pig to the ground - it was hilarious! pigs were screaming and squealing the whole time - and again, we forgot ear plugs!

ksalvagno said:
Congratulations on the geese. They are beautiful!
Thank you! I'm hoping I am able to make something back off their eggs and babies! :D

And, this was the first Blue Sebbie I'd ever seen! and well, I'm a sucker for Blue Poultry!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Some children absorb nutrients better through their skin I think
Y'all crack me up! DD has been rather hard to keep full this week - she has eaten everything in site, including a ton of veggies. Growth spurt!

Guess what! An old friend contacted me today, and it turns out that we are living parallel lives. (well, she's a little farther along than I am in the self sufficient process) Anyway, we got to talking about our birds, and she had ordered 10 Welsh Harlequins from Holderreads, and doesn't want all of them. I can have whatever I want after she takes her pick! How cool is that? She wasn't yet sure of the delivery date. So I guess I'll be going with Welsh if it all works out.
I invited her to join us here too. I think she will love this group.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love those feathers!! wow how pretty are they, I can't wait to see more pics. Congrats on the pigs. At least you can say you tried.

gina

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Javamama - that's awesome! congrats on the soon to be new duckies!

Well, tomorrow's the big day - I have chicks coming from McMurray, picking up some Sebbies - and might be making a deal to get a small starter herd of Nigerian Dwarf goats! (I'm still trying to talk my hubby into it!)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Congratz on the gooses! So pretty!

Nigerian Dwarfs? Whoooot! Wait, didn't you already have some? Or was the Becca? I can't remember anymore! LOL

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aly, trading in pigs for Nigis? :gig You need a revolving door at the entrance of your farm.

My duck friend just popped in - Redneck Woman. She's going to fit in well here.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Congratz on the gooses! So pretty!

Nigerian Dwarfs? Whoooot! Wait, didn't you already have some? Or was the Becca? I can't remember anymore! LOL
I had pygmy goats before, and Boer crosses. The Boer crosses weren't my friends.

My husband nixed the Nigerian Dwarfs - and I was salivating at the mouth! It was a small herd of 3 - 1 buck, 2 does, with a 3 week old doeling at one doe's side and the other doe ready to blow any day. She only wants $65 each, or $55 each if you take the whole herd. That's only $220 for all 4!!

I've passed the info onto my friend R over the hill, who loves goats. She might be making the drive to get them, and if she does, I could maybe get a baby or two off her later. She's the friend who's pygmy just had a baby two days ago. Sadly, the baby goat passed away today.

I am determined to make milk goats work for this farm one of these days! I just need patience, and get myself all set up perfectly for them - and then pray that the perfect goatie comes a long.

Javamama - I think your friend is going to fit in quite nicely!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Those are absolutely lovely geese.

I hope you enjoy them and that they will be completely enamored of you...so it will be easier to get their eggs. :D

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I can't sleep! I'm too excited about tomorrow!

First, McMurray chicks should arrive in the morning, and then in the evening - SEBBIES!

whoot!

Tomorrow's not getting here fast enough!!