Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Aly, :frow cute pics. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. Glad to hear your well is comming along. Juat think you will need a hose soon.

You sure have been busy in the bird department. They are all so beautiful. I took some pics at Bakersville of their heritage breeds. If my dh ever gets my laptop loaded I will have to share them.

I hope all is well.

Gina

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hi Gina! I'm glad you stopped by! :D

Talked to the well guy this morning - they're going to be brining the rig in on either Monday or Tuesday! :woot :ya :weee

I'm so excited!!

and yep - I'm going to go get a garden hose!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have a well that we put in last year. Its for irrigation only.

But now, since we're running out of money building this house, we are thinking of renting out 5th wheel for maybe 400 a month. (it was used when we bought it and we lived in it for a long time). This means that we'll need to hook up the trailer to the well water. How do we test the well water for potability? If its not potable, what do we need to purchase to make the line coming into the trailer potable?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:ya So exciting isn't it!!!! We just got ours done at the new property and everything went smoothly, thank goodness! You are going to be so excited, I can't stand it! I'm so happy for you! :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok, I wanna know, who's idea was this anyway?????????

toomanychicks.jpg

This is my outdoor brooder - because there was NO MORE brooder space in the house....

So, in the above pic, you're seeing:
50 Straight Run Ameracauna/Easter Eggers,
50 Black Australorp Pullets,
50 Brown Leghorn Pullets,
6 Rhode Island Red Pullets
5 Partridge Rock Pullets
5 Quail d'Anver Bantams
4 Blue Cochin Pullets
8 Black Sumatra Pullets
4 Spitzhaubens
5 Welsummers
3 Speckled Sussex
3 Buff Orpington Pullets
5 Mille Fleur d'Uccles

and I think that's everyone outside.......

That's not counting the 40 (give or take one or two) chicks in the house brooder...nor the 13 (give or take a duck or two) waterfowl hatchlings in a second house brooder.........

Just what were we thinking???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

though i must admit, I think it's awful cute going out there and seeing all those fuzzy butts running around! :D

chickdays.jpg

009.jpg

The waterfowl that arrived today was 4 Magpie Ducks (1 DOA), and a pair of Saddle Back Pomeranian goslings for Becca (that BourbonRed just fawned all over! I think he'd have snuck them home if his wife wouldn't notice...), and a pair of Pilgrim Goslings for me. No pics of them yet, but I'll get some here this evening!

p.s. if you're trying to do that math, there's 198 chicks ranging from day olds to 3 weeks old in that outdoor brooder.
I blame Becca............................

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is so cool. The girl I got my silkies from, that is what she does. She orders 100's from some hatchery (never asked which one) then takes them around to different events and sells them. She also owns a pet shop where she sells piles. Sadly,..she was out of ducks by the time I got around to her this year. :hit