Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
OH YAY!!!!
I was thinking some cute baby animal that was going to make me start searching Craigslist again. But that is even better!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Oh my, running water, how sweet that will be.
I still cannot imagine raising kids without having running water. I know it's been done before, but jeeze, lots of kudos to you for doing it all those years. "slap on the back smiley"

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Yea! for the well digging truck! I well know what that looks like...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We just got back from town! We ran in to buy our holding tank, because we found the size we wanted for a great price.

The well guy is going to drill, cap, and case it. We're doing the pump and all the other stuff and hooking up ourselves - because, well, we can do it for less than he's going to charge us. :p

The only other big expense left to get is the pump, and we have to know how deep the well is before we get that. The money for the pump has been set aside, so we know we have it.

The other things to get are a lot less money than the holding tank and pump, those were the two BIG spends (not counting the well itself) that we wanted to be sure we were able to get out of this money.

But :woot Well pounding commences tomorrow!!

So ya'll are going to be sick of pictures this week, I think, as I plan to take a LOT of pictures of the whole well drilling process!!

In other news, just learned today that my Sister is pregnant with her third baby!! :weee :celebrate I'm going to be an Aunt again! We're hoping she has a girl this time, as she already has two boys!!

:woot :clap

This has just been an awesome day!!

and even better - Ernie said OK to my getting a goat!! (or two...)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
The goat will need company right? :D
Yep, but since my goat has to have her "own" pasture and "barn", I'm going to get out there tomorrow and start figuring out where I want to build it, install it.

I thought about kicking the Wellies out of their pen, but couple problems with that -

1) wouldn't be nice to displace my Wellies
2) not enough grass in the pen for a grazing goatie...

So, last year when I thought I wanted pygmies (worthless for anything other than pets, imo) E had said I could do a goat pen down the logging road....

So, I'm gonna hafta take the chain saw across the road and buzz down some fence posts, put up some fencing, and figure out what I'm going to build a goat shanty out of.

:D