Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OK I don't have internet at home anymore - so it's library only for me.

Lots going on - lots to tell - just don't have time right now.

Yesterday I brought home a black angus mix bull calf (that's now banded) and 2 toggenburg (I think that's the right word?) doelings. One's black and one's brown. We named the black one Luna and the brown one Lydia and the calf is named Noah.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
OK I don't have internet at home anymore - so it's library only for me.

Lots going on - lots to tell - just don't have time right now.

Yesterday I brought home a black angus mix bull calf (that's now banded) and 2 toggenburg (I think that's the right word?) doelings. One's black and one's brown. We named the black one Luna and the brown one Lydia and the calf is named Noah.
Hmmmm - you got more animals..... Sounds like you had a GREAT anniversary! :lol: ;)

Just a thought..... The computers at our local library have 30 min timers on them. However, the librarians will remove the timer so you can use the computer for an extended period of time, as long as you don't ask every time you use the computers.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We have been super busy! We have been "hired" by the Amish to drive them almost every where! Yesterday I took an entire family to PA to visit their family - we spent the whole day there and went shopping and I got paid! Almost too good to be true! LOL

Mick (halflinger) is still at the Amish farm, but doing good! They said I can go ahead and come out to work with him and ride him up until we bring him to my house. E and I asked them if we could wait until after our trailer is moved in to bring him and the pony over and they said Ok. :) Our trailer might not get moved until Sept 1 now.

Tomorrow I get to drive our Amish neighbor to Roger's Ohio for the flea market and we are staying the whole day until the livestock sale at night. Then on Tuesday E and I are both driving up to Middlefield Ohio to pick up our other Amish neighbor who is spending the week with family.

Then in 3-5 weeks I have to take an Amish Logging crew back to PA to do a logging job. I'll be dropping them off and then picking them up 2 days later.

Our Amish neighbor that's going to Roger's tomorrow has hired E to be his full time driver for a flat daily rate to get him back and forth to work every day.

Other than that, our nephew had his bond hearing August 3 - bail was set at $75,000. If someone comes up with 10% he can get out - but that hasn't happened. He has to be back in court for something on the 18th, but they (prosecuters office) wasn't sure what for. They said they will call back in a couple days to tell us why court on the 18th. They also said we are about 6 weeks away from the first pre-trial, and we're looking at 6 months - 1 year for a conviction. OH, and he is pleading Not Guilty. :rolleyes:

Other than that, things are great! Still no internet at home, so just sneaking in a visit to the library 1 time a week when I can.

Miss ya'll!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Aly. Glad things are going well. Sept. first will be here in no time. I am very excited for you.

Hang in there.

gina

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey! yay on all the good news.. been wonderin' where you've been and hoping you are well

:)