Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Great news about the driving jobs! It should be great conversation on the car rides. Finally some people to talk to that think like us! :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
That is crazy..... I'm so glad E has something to do to make some extra money that won't screw up his back again! Driving Amish folks around and taking them shopping.....who knew? :p

Glad to hear that there has been some progress on the "case", it will take a while but I'm sure everything will work out. :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Great news on the work! Congrats, I am sooo happy for you guys :)

Good luck on getting the max time on your case, I hope that sucker rots.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Middlefield is a hop, skip, and a jump from me! You absolutely must go to the End of the Commons when you are there! It is the bulk goods store! I am glad the driving job is working out for you and E!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We didn't go to the bulk foods store! :lol:

Kids are starting back to school this week - and I've opted not to take any driving jobs this week while getting them ready.

Down side of driving Amish??? For people who don't have cars, they find somewhere to go EVERY DAY!!! I think this past Saturday and the last two Sundays are the ONLY days we've NOT had to drive anyone.

We even have an Amish sitter for the kids now! They kept all five kids while I drove another Amish family and E was driving yet another family - and only charged me $20 FOR THE ENTIRE DAY. I said I didn't think that was enough, they insisted it was plenty. Then, the kids got to help milk their Jersey, and their reward was a gallon of raw milk to bring home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I scooped off all the cream and made BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weee

Then, I bartered some fresh from the garden potatoes for fresh baked bread :drool

On top of all this, about a week ago I made a connection with our local Humane officer. She has NO foster families for any animals in the area - but has a couple big cases going on. I told her I was mostly into poultry - and she said she was putting me into her phone on speed dial as The Chicken Lady. :gig

Funny enough, a few days later out of the next county over, a huge case made the news. Over 200 pitbulls, snakes, chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese, quail, pheasants, cats, and boar hogs all being removed from ONE home. :th

TWO HUNDRED PITTBULLS!!! Can you imagine???!!! They were raising them to fight.

So yesterday I get a call - from our County's Humane Society asking if I've seen what's happening on the news and I said yes.....Would I be interested in fostering some of the animals???? :ep

You bet I said yes!! and we've talked about making up donation cans and fliers for around the area - because right now E and I are the only foster home they have for any animals locally, and we can't take everything!

We told them we have the space to take 30 chickens and 4 turkeys. We're working on a couple duck pens so that we can take the ducks, too - and guess what? They're White muscovy ducks!!!! WHOOT!!!

We asked if they'll be adopting out the poultry after all is said and done, and she said she doesn't know. We're working to get Mike down to do their NPIP tests and their getting their own coop away from my flocks.

Other than that, things are just cranking along here.

I was wondering what I was going to do with all my extra time once the kids started school :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow, busy busy busy!

I am really happy that you and E connected from these amish people, it really seems to be a postive turning point for you guys :clap

How are your kids feeling about school? My son starts on Monday and my girls, the week after that!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Extra time...LOL...you crack me up :gig

Something always comes along to fill it, doesn't it? LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Dace - the kids are excited about going to school - and we're excited that they're going.... :hide

Wife - yep, always something to fill the time :lol:

ofg - turkeys and DUCKS! :celebrate