Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Good morning, Farm!

Yes, I've been talking to several people who ship birds and they suggested chunks of apples or some whole kernel corn from the can or melon or other fruit in the box during shipment.

:D

Anyway, today the plans are to:

- get brave
- work the hive
- not get stung (we hope)
- try to sell more chickens (we hope)
- start getting stuff gathered and packed up for flea market
- clean up some of the house (it's a disaster!)
- do some laundry

We kept the kids home from school today - and the kids are bawling. They only have today and tomorrow, and today they're just going to be outside down across the road at the football field having a field day - and we're supposed to back them all a lunch.

Well, I don't keep things on hand for a packed lunch, don't have water bottles for them, etc and they just notified us of this YESTERDAY. So I was stinkin' mad and said, "forget it, they don't need to go the last two days just to play!"

They can play at home.

And tomorrow is an all day movie day, and I don't think my kids need to sit all day watching movies rotting their brains the last day of school. Plus, we're picky about what we allow our kids to watch and the school doesn't necessarily hold onto the same values or standards that we do at home. And since the parents don't get to pick the movies.............

So, two of the boys are upset that they aren't getting to go rot their brains the last two days. The other two kids could care less.

Dang, I'd be thrilled if I didn't have to go the last two days of school!

:p

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Good-bye teeny call ducks! Good-bye cranky Pilgrim geese! :lol:

Congrats on the sales, QA! I know when we looked at Maria's Jersey Giants, she ships with cut melon as well.

Maybe the idea of rotting brains watching movies mom and dad wouldn't pick sounds like a fun way to end the school year! Back in the dark ages, we used to get to do "fun" stuff like help the teachers remove items from the bulletin boards, empty our desks and clean up the class rooms! :lol: We also got picnic lunch with the principal in the school courtyard! :thumbsup We're talking E X C I T E M E N T here....... :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We are awful nasty meanies at school.

WE are STILL working!! Our kids have BIG problems when the schedule is messed up, so it is class like usual .... with a few extra long recesses and some special activities (like a big playdough session yesterday) thrown in.

Yesterday we also had a girl with a birthday, so we ended our day with some cookies!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I remember the last days of school being used to clean out desks, lockers, to get the pictures/projects we'd done earlier in the year and weren't allowed to take home until the end....

No field day, no movies.

Oldest DS said he was crying because he wanted to go to school to play with his friends. :( Ugh, just stabs my heart.

I told him we'd get his friend's phone numbers and arrange for them to see each other over summer -

but i plan to keep the kiddos so busy doing FUN stuff over the summer (like fishing/camping) that I don't think they'll miss their friends too much. :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My son, 5th grader, has gone to Legoland today. :D DD's are very jealous.

Field day is on Friday. Last year my son competed and won some events. He really enjoyed it.

But whats up with the lunch?? Is it because they are not at school??

Either way I am sure you boys will recover.

Great job with all the poultry.

g

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
My son, 5th grader, has gone to Legoland today. :D DD's are very jealous.

Field day is on Friday. Last year my son competed and won some events. He really enjoyed it.

But whats up with the lunch?? Is it because they are not at school??

Either way I am sure you boys will recover.

Great job with all the poultry.

g
I think my 10 year old grandson would give all he owns to be able to go to Legoland! He is currently working on Lloyd Wright's Falling Waters..... my dd says it is a ZZZZillion teeny pieces! :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Very cool!! My son is big into cars, motocross and anything with a moving part. I only have been able to buy the larger sets on major holidays. But even then he builds them way to quickly.

I have not been there in a couple years. They now have a huge water park attached but it cost extra to get in. And there is a new aquarium next door. I guess I should take the kids this summer.

:idunno

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I know I'm late to that party, but I love the grill. Thanks for posting the picture, you gave us ideas for one like that of our own. Hubby wonders if a rotisserie could be devised in there as well?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
ooohhh SD a rotisserie set up would be neat. Although I personally have not really had good luck with them at all on wood heat.

Hey, QA, what sez E about rotisserie?

QA should put some sausages on that grill tonight. The weather is perfect for it. :D

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
We're grilling hamburgs on it tonight :p FIL is coming down, too (he missed E's birthday so...)

I will ask E about a rotisserie - after all, I do like a rotisserie chicken! :drool (but not any of the ones here..........)