Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Yes, he just needs to get out there and do it, but since we set the hive back there, he's worried that what we bought to treat it may hurt the bees. We don't want them landing on the peach tree and eating the stuff for the peach blight.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
If the peach trees have blossomed, the honeybees probably won't bother it. That said, I probably wouldn't treat it either. :/

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I don't know if it bloomed or not - I'm thinking it didn't. But the plum trees and pear trees already did. :)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Peach tree should have bloomed in April or so.

My tree is fighting the blight as well. I am going to give it a good spraying of toxins :)sick :/ ) right after the harvest this year.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Now I am curious ... I wonder if inserting a copper pipe or two around the tree at the root would help the curl? I have heard that old timers used to bury rusty iron to add iron to the soil when needed.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
E said our peach tree did bloom, but it was hit by frost.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I have not had as productive a day today as I'd like.

I had planned to knock out the whole house - ha! more like the house knocked me out!

E got up early with the kidders and let me sleep in until he had to leave - he drove our Beek Amish friend to an auction this morning. When it was time to tally the bill, E told him not to worry about it since he had come out twice and assisted with the hive.

I started laundry and have only managed to complete 3 loads. There's a lot more to wash. Ugh.

I have half of the boys clothes gone through. We're putting all of the winter stuff into totes and storing it until fall. Once school starts, I'll pull it all out and go through what still fits them and what I don't want to keep we'll sell to the local consignment shop called Kid Again. She sells large baby items on consignment for people, but she outright buys the clothes.

I have their closet almost done, and will be starting on their dresser next. I need more storage totes. Who knew that four boys could have so many clothes :lol:

In fact, my kids have so many clothes, that a neighbor offered me some clothes and I turned it down. DD's dresser is over flowing, closet, too - so I'll be tackling hers next.