Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
we're adding on a bedroom for DD and our new baby girl to share (she's coming in September!)

I'm hanging out at the library for a bit, as I fled the house due to FIL coming down and giving me an earful about the InLaws from You Know Where who left on Thursday. And, he of course told them our family is expanding. :barnie So for the last 4 days, we've had slurs tossed at us about how, "people should only have 2 kids" or "shouldn't have more kids than (what they think) you can afford" etc etc.

God love Becca - she said they're all just jealous :lol: gotta love friends who know just what to say!

but I left the house mad today, because he outright told us today that he told them - and on top of that, SIL mother of Evil Nephew - called him on Thursday, and we suspect he told her, too.

I wanna trade my FIL in for a different one. :hide

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMO Becca is right on!

I think that *the majority* of people know what they can and cannot handle and, being the great family you all are, you will be just fine. It's not every day you see a family as happy and tight knit as you all are - and that's what bugs them the most. KUDOS!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Lael is adorable :love. Not a shy bone in her body.

Ignore those fam-monsters. They don't deserve our attention. You've got a great family and are better off when you focus on enjoying them.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Wow, you sure have been busy! It looks like the new addition is coming along quickly.

Glad to hear you haven't had any more predator issues with your poultry. I would agree with E that you should try to get as much for your birds as you can.

Lael is looking good. :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know which is worse, the people who get on you when you don't have any children (or not enough in their opinion), or the ones who tell you you have too many.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Since it's not them having babies, and they don't have to support them, just thumb your nose at the bunch and whistle as you walk away from them. They can only hurt you if you let them.....

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Today's a better day - and had kind of a funny start.

Today's Tip : when asking your husband to order a poultry shipper, be sure to tell him the correct size!!!

Apparantly, I told E the wrong box to order, and I now have a box large enough to ship an adult goose to ship 4 call ducks! :th

Since I'd have to spend like $30 in gas to go exchange the box, and the extra cost in shipping if I just use the box is $19, we've decided to just pay the difference in shipping the calls in the super de-duper I-wanna-be-a-goose-box (aka, you could ship a small child box) :lol:

So call ducks are going out this afternoon. Whew!

And, we got more of the room done last night!!! We need to pick up 2 more sheets of T1-11 and then we can finish siding all of it, and just need to get 2 more sheets of tin (I think) for the roof - and maybe another roll of felt paper??? 1 pack of stripping, and a little bit of flashing - AND THEN WE CAN START WORKING ON THE INTERIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:weee :celebrate

eta: we did get half the long side of the room sided yesterday, and the window in!!! ! :celebrate

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Honestly, I don't know which is worse, the people who get on you when you don't have any children (or not enough in their opinion), or the ones who tell you you have too many.
Yes, there is always that flip side of the coin... when are you going to have kids? After 12 years, probably not.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:hugs right back at ya babe!

I know the feeling....when my husband got snipped my mother was flabbergasted that he actually went through with it and she will only have 2 grandchildren cause my brother is gay and wants nothing to do with having children, might put a kink in his social life :p He's all for nieces and nephews and such but nothing permanent.

The addition is looking good...what kind of insulation are you guys using? I would love to get more insulation in this house but if we ever remodel we will probably rip off all the wall board on the inside, reinsulate everything with new insulation, and then drywall everything and repaint. I think that is a lot of the problem with our heating bill....poor insulation. Are you going to cut the door from the wall of the trailer or from the other addition?

You guys keep adding on and you'll have a whole new house!!! :D
How are you feeling btw, is baby girl behaving herself?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
The door to the bedroom will be in from the other addition, that way they get more heat from the woodburner, too, as our woodburner is in the first addition.

Yep, it will feel like a house when we're done! We have plans to eventually add on a dining room, mud room, and play room for the kids - just takes time! This bedroom was most important.

I feel preggers :lol: I never had a kid, until now, that liked to have their feet or head in my ribs!! It's her favorite place to be!

Not sure what the insulation is called, but it's in rolls and E gets it from Lowe's. It's white. I know, doesn't help LOLOLOL