Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Don't know where QA is now, but all day yesterday she and E were on a trip into PA, driving the Amish family they consider friends to a wedding. My mom helped watch the kiddos for a couple hours of the day. QA called me when she got home around 10:30 pm. She sounded exhausted.
Hello, Becca! Thanks for the update. I knew about the PA trip; but QA hasn't posted since June 5, a long time since she has internet at home. I am glad to hear they made it home from the trip safely.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
She's probably got her head stuck in the bee hive....:lol:....you know she has no fear now!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm alive - but internet is temporarily unavailable at home - because can you believe it my new computer caught 29 viruses!! :he

working on cleaning it up, but I won't even try to get online from home until it's done.

Other than that, been super busy with 2 PA trips to KY, and working on selling 90% of all my poultry - because we are having both coon and fox attacks every night and I'm losing 1-2 birds (sometimes more) nightly, even with working on pens and tightening them up as much as possible.

So, figured it's better to sell off as much as possible while there's still something to sell.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:hugs :hugs Viruses :barnie and predators :he both . Ay ay ay. Good luck getting the predators. Hope somebody there is a really good shot.
Spyware Dr is good.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having such a time with predators. I was afraid that was the problem when we hadn't heard from you.

For the viruses, I would recommend Norton 360, especially for facebook use.......

:hugs and prayers, my friend

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:barnie If only there was a way to give the predators the viruses!! ;)

Sorry you're having such a crap time dealing with all that..UGH! :hugs

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sigh ... Probably two of the biggest frustrations in my life -- predators and viruses. I hate when either happens, and youve got both. :he

I hope it gets better soon!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
And this is what we spent most of our weekend, and today, working on.

14550_100_1002.jpg

14550_100_1003.jpg

14550_100_1006.jpg

I'll be glad when all of the exterior is done, and we can start working on the interior. Mostly, I'm ready to pick out paint :lol: :p

And here's a recent pic of Lael - she thought my camera was for her :p

100_1005.jpg

Poultry isn't downsizing as fast as I'd like - other than by predators! Pilgrim Geese, 1 Cochin, and my Muscovies all have a new home - at Becca's! :p

No new losses last night that we've discovered.

Baltic swap this weekend - but not sure if I'll try to sell there or just dump the rest at Rogers. E thinks I should go for the swap, where I've a better chance of getting more than 25 cents a bird :p