Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
and now we're in a tornado warning!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
They just cancelled it, thank goodness!

but the BIL from Florida is UP HERE - we'd rather have the tornado warning, thank you!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
So I browse mutiple blogs on blogger, and several bloggers have playlists on their blogs, so I got curious and went to the site.

I'm totally LOVING it!

I found a TON of Christain music that I remember listening to growing up - stuff by Carman, Petra, Ray Boltz, Newsboys, some Maranatha, and even Sail On by the Imperials (prefer it sang by Keith Lancaster and A cappella, but couldn't find them on playlist).

Oh, and DC Talk! I'm not a fan of rap, but I can handle their rap!

When I was 10, Mom took us to the Alive Weekend - it's a ProLife Christain Camping event that usually has a TON of Christain artists there - and we used to go every year.

DC Talk was there A LOT. The year I was 10 we had snuck our kitten into the campgrounds (this was when Clay's Park hosted the Alive Weekends, it's now at Atwood Lake) and we were in line to get DC Talks autographs - Kevin, Toby, and Michael all signed whatever it was we were having signed. Then, the security guard grabs our kitten and says, "Hey, Toby, sign this!"

We kids were mortified because it was against part rules to have pets!

So Toby holds his hand out, without looking at what he was getting, and when his hand grasped our fuzzy kitten, he exclaims, "I can't sign a cat!" LOL

They then passed our kitten around, and suddenly Kevin exclaims, "he peed on me!"

Kind of embarrassing, but at the same time, a wonderful childhood memory!

We also saw at the Alive Concerts Petra, Whiteheart, Twila Paris, Sandi Patti, Bebe and Cece Winnans, and a lot of others that I cannot remember.

As kids we saw A cappella in concert A LOT because my grandparents were good friends with Keith Green.

We also saw Carmen a couple times. His concerts are always AWESOME!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I am glad to hear they cancelled the tornado warning.

Sounds like you are listening to some great music!

We went to Chagrin Falls today (an early Father's Day outing for TR). It would have been a perfect day for joining us! ;)

Hope you enjoyed your week-end; for once the rain missed Ashtabula County totally.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
YOU HOOO - QA WHERE ARE YOU? (I'm not yelling, just talking loudly enough for you to hear me from my place. :) )

Everything okay? I thought you'd at least say hello last night before working today......

I am going to start guessing some animal-madness is happening at your place soon!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Don't know where QA is now, but all day yesterday she and E were on a trip into PA, driving the Amish family they consider friends to a wedding. My mom helped watch the kiddos for a couple hours of the day. QA called me when she got home around 10:30 pm. She sounded exhausted.