Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I woke up early this morning, and spending a few minutes online waiting on coffee to finish brewing.

My Aunt Kathie had left Texas yesterday morning in hopes of getting here in time to see Grandma before she passed on. She's going to be devestated when she gets here.

The nice thing about funerals - I will get to see family I haven't seen in awhile - the sad thing about funereals - it brings together family I haven't seen in awhile.

I dunno if that makes sense, because while I enjoy seeing the family, it's sad that this is how we're seeing eachother.

My brother and his wife are coming this week from Missouri (yay!) and while we're all sad about Grandma passing, she timed it well - not that it was intentional ya know. My brother had a scheduled 2 week leave starting this Friday. A red cross message was sent to him, so he gets to start his leave a couple days early and spend two weeks with us. YAY.

And, if my brother in Cinci comes up AND brings his kids, then it will be the first time that my mom's kids have all been together with their kids - ever.

You better believe we'll get pics!

So while it's the worst of times, it's also the best of times, only because the family will all come together and it will be a time of loving, and remembering, and making of new memories.

And today, I'm drinking my coffee out of a piece of Grandma's China with matching saucer.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
QA, I am so sorry to read of your Grandma's passing. I sorta feel the same way about funerals. Its sad, but it IS the only time all the family gets together....Enjoy your time with the family as much as possible. :hugs

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:hugs Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. :hugs

Funerals and weddings...

Don't forget to enjoy the people you have around you this upcoming couple of weeks. Grandmas want us to do that, even if the reason you're together is sad. Spend some time drinking from her china, pulling out pictures, telling funny stories about when Grandma was throwing rocks over the hill, barefoot and drinking Mt Dew - wait, that was us at my husband's grandma's funeral, but you get the point.

:hugs