Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
The kids can probably feel the emotion in the air around them. Send them outside to do yard chores. :lol:

Congratulations on the upcoming beek association meeting. Take a notebook (not your journal) to take notes. Our club usually has free handouts available. We also have a pot luck lunch with meeting after, which is nice.

Btw, have you inspected your bees lately? If 7 of the 10 frames in the lower deep body are full, add a top hive body with frames. If you don't give them space to build, they will swarm.

Try to get some rest, sit in the shade and relax. ;) I'm sure things will be fine at the doctor's tomorrow. :hugs

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ice cream is dairy and you need dairy for the baby. I can find a way to rationalize everything in pregnancy :lol:

Enjoy the beek meeting.
How is Lael doing?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Lael is doing great! she's still taking some milk morning and night, but she's a great little weed eater already!

I need to get some new pics of her for you!

I can't see her growing, but E says she's gotten bigger. :)

and yep, ice cream is dairy - but can you believe my Dr. believes whole milk dairy products are FATTENING and no good for me and wants me to - *whispers* buy 2% and low fat dairy products

so I told her oh yea, sure i'll do that - and i'm totally not. It's as much whole dairy and not super pasterized as I can find :p :hide

wish i had raw, though!

I have been eating more fruits and veggies, too. I really need to go back to no breads, pastas, and very few sugars - because when I was eating like that, I felt soooo much better, and after just one month people were commenting that I looked thinner.

I'd love it if I didn't have extra baby weight after delivery, or if I actually weighed LESS after delivery than before I got my bump. :lol:

Today I was outside spray painting a couple shelves and a wicker basket for the girls room.

We've decided that we're going to do some oak wainscotting on the bottom half of their bedroom walls, and paint the top half ivory. :) Not pure white, I want something that's not pure white, but still clean looking and will be "bright" in their room.

I plan to sew either pink or lavender curtains for their window. I'm thinking pink with some brown tie backs, to match the whole Mocha butterfly theme. the walls will be decorated with pink and lavender butterflies, and some mocha brown butterflies thrown in there somewhere :)

And dolls. I know I'm a dork, but I have two homemade cloth dolls - one I made with the help of an adult friend when I was ten. The whole doll is homemade. I had named her Emily. Her body was stained with tea to give her a "natural" look and I drew on her eyes and mouth. Plus we "blushed" her cheeks. She has yellow yarn for hair and a black dress with pink roses. And matching bloomers.
the other doll was given to me when I was 17 for Christmas. I don't think I named her. Her hair is more brown and some kind of craft stuff - not yarn I don't think. her dress is burgandy, and I have two kitties in a basket made of the same burgandy material that came with her.

these dolls will go on a shelf in the girls room, one for each girl. :) Plus I'd like to go back to Maysville Fabrics, and Amish store in Holmes County, and get these little Amish dolls I saw there. One in a pink dress, and one in lavender. Again, one for each girl - and they'll go on shelves in their room for decor.

DD1 really likes horses and cats, so at a yard sale I found a shelf sitting cat. She's creamish-ivory colored and has a white and pink pinstriped dress on - looks like a pinafore dress that little girls used to wear - and bloomers. Paid $1 at a yardsale. This kitty will go in for DD1 - she just doesn't know it yet. She thinks it is for Baby girl :)

I think I'll wrap it and give it to DD1 as a gift at my shower. :)

I've also got some lacey table runners and doillies that I think I'll use on their furniture in their room.

It's totally going to be a girly girls room!

I'd like to find a corner shelf that I can put dolls and a couple tea cups with saucers on for them.....or a little table to set up as a "tea party" for one corner of their room. Maybe one of those little round accent tables they sell at Walmart for like $6. That should work for a girls room "tea party". Don't you think?? And they sell the little table cloths to cover them, too.

Just ideas running through my head. :lol: We haven't had the opportunity to decorate a "nursery" since our DD1 was born - so I'm super excited about this.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I'm just catching up and read about your Grandma...I'm so sorry honey but she knew you were there and that makes a difference! :hugs

Can you make a table for the corner of the room? Maybe put something on hinges that can fold down flat against the wall when they aren't using it? We are thinking of doing something like that on the end of DS's bed. Hubby made the bed and DS likes to play "restaurant" all the time so that would give him a place to play but save some space when not in use and he could use it as a desk later. You could put a leg under it that braces it up like the tables in a camper or something.

Those little cheapy tables at Walmart are gonna fall apart...and definitely don't get one of the three legged ones that they sell for end tables cause they fall over really easily.

The room ideas sound really cute! I can't wait to see pictures!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
had a long day already today, but it was a good day.

Had my glucose test today - hoping that comes back OK - and then had my monthly Dr. appt after. I've only gained 3 pounds in the last month YAY. My next appt is in 3 weeks and then I will be going every 2 weeks - goodness this pregnancy has gone FAST.

afterwards, I swung by the church where my family were all meeting to discuss final arrangements for Grandma and proof read the programs for the services on Friday.

My Aunt Hazel and Uncle Stephen had come up from TN. Aunt Hazel said she had something to give me before I left. I told her I could only stay for a few minutes because I was in a borrowed car and needed to return it ASAP.

Aunt Hazel ran out to her car and brought in a manilla envelope lined with bubble wrap. She starts out by saying, "Your Grandma started to make this and didn't finish it. I thought you'd like to have it."

I opened the envelope and inside was this beautiful green crocheted baby sweater! Started by my grandmother, finished by my Aunt!

My Aunt went on to tell me that there had been 2 unfinished sweaters - this one she brought to me, and a second one that she finished and sent to her son (my cousin) and his wife - who are expecting their first baby in September, too!

I cried - I couldn't help it. And I had just recently got this beautiful little white dress with little pink and green floral patterns on it - the sweater will go perfectly - and I want Baby girl to wear it home.

Even better, the very first baby item I had purchased upon learning about my pregnancy was a tiny crocheted pair of green booties! I have a pair of tights to match the dress, and a bonnet, so her little coming home layette is now complete - thanks to Grandma's Sweater.

Once Baby Girl has outgrown the sweater, I'll hang it up as decor in her room :lol:

I don't have pics to show ya'll yet, but I will take one and show you hopefully soon - but let me get through this week first please.

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My doctor with my son said the same thing about drinking 2% milk. I won't tell your doctor if you never tell mine I was drinking raw milk:duc My midwife said it was okay and I was only seeing the doctor to make DH's family feel better.

I'll bet E's right you see her everyday 2times a day so you really don't see her growing. Glad she is eating weeds. That is a good sign.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Girls room is all enclosed! YIPPEE.

We're moving some things (changing table/dresser) into the room already, even though we're still working in there.

There's an entrance to the room from the first room addition and for now, our bed is going in there :p

just because we need the space.

everything will be moved back out when we get to the drywalling stages. :p

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
cooking up a quick, LATE lunch so the kids won't be whining that they're hungry during calling hours.

Hoping to get a million pics of family today and tomorrow, since who knows when we'll all be together again!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Reading about the baby sweater brought tears to my eyes. That is sooo sweet. What a wonderful thing for your aunt Hazel to do!

The girls' room sounds precious. I am sure you will make it look super. With all those boys, it is nice to have a girly girl space somewhere. I was a tomboy growing up and my sis was a girly girl. I still liked havig some really girly stuff, even though mostly I procaimed hating it. In actuality, I hated the stereotyping, even as a little girl. I loved my dolls and stuffed animals and I also wanted play with my brother's train and cars.