Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
So I've been gone half of forever, but guess what?!

I'm back!!

That's all I got for now, but I think you'll be seeing more of me!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much catchin up to do! I for one, am THRILLED to see you back on here with us! :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:pop Can't wait for the Aly Chronicles to begin.... :woot
That's a good title! The Aly Chronicles!

For starters, how about a pic of the Finished Bantam Duplex (except I never did get the doors painted and we still need to attach runs...)

328_100_3422.jpg

We also have a second hive now, since my original hive swarmed 3 times this spring! (We gave one swarm to a neighbor, kept one, and the third one flew away)

Right now, animal count is way down. We scaled way back. I have 8 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, 3 Chocolate Orpingtons, 6 Mille Fleur Cochins, 4 chicks, one turkey poult (that is sold), 1 peacock, and 2 pairs of wood ducks. I have a milk goat (yay) and her twin doelings, and we have a jersey/swiss cross bull calf (for butcher).

OH, and I have a pair of Buff Sebbie geese.

Our garden is doing well, and we've been sharing the surplus with friends, family, and neighbors.

I'm still up because I'm baking for the sale tomorrow.

eta: that pic of the coop was taken last winter !!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Wow, you DID scale down!!! :th How does it feel? Bad... or more relaxing? I was looking longingly at that snow..... :love

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you were off the board a long time! :)

SNOW PICS!!!!!
egads!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Wow, you DID scale down!!! :th How does it feel? Bad... or more relaxing? I was looking longingly at that snow..... :love
WAY more relaxing! I go back and forth with getting rid of the animals all together. haven't made that decision yet.

yes, FC, I was off for awhile. :)