Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
QA - Explain the situation to E's surgeon. Tell him you need it now and that you would appreciate it if he would write a prescription for a hospital bed. That's how we got one for my dad. The prescription included delivery, set up and removal when we were done with it.

ETA: in about a week you should get a patient satisfaction survey from the hospital. Copy and paste everything you wrote here onto a piece of paper and attach it to the survey.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
keljonma said:
QA - Explain the situation to E's surgeon. Tell him you need it now and that you would appreciate it if he would write a prescription for a hospital bed. That's how we got one for my dad. The prescription included delivery, set up and removal when we were done with it.

ETA: in about a week you should get a patient satisfaction survey from the hospital. Copy and paste everything you wrote here onto a piece of paper and attach it to the survey.
Thanks! Both are good ideas. I'll be calling the surgeon in a few minutes to ask for that 'script.

I'm cooking lunch now...guess what we're having?? FISH! lol Ernie wanted it. He's sitting up drinking a cup of coffee and watching some tv.

Oh, the internal medicine doctor said Ernie needs to get his teeth fixed soon. They told us to wait a few weeks and then make an appointment with his dentist. The reason is they don't want his bad teeth to take infections to the hardware in his back via the bloodstream.

He follows up with his surgeon in 2 weeks for follow up x-rays and we're going to talk to him about when to schedule the dental care for Ernie, because he has to be able to sit in the dental chair.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I'm cooking lunch now...guess what we're having?? FISH! lol Ernie wanted it. He's sitting up drinking a cup of coffee and watching some tv.
Probably been dreaming about fish since Linesville Spillway! :gig

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Aly, glad to see you and Ernie are back home! Hopefully everything will settle down for you guys and the family will back off a little and all will get back to normal. :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Becky came over and brought dinner with her today. It's so nice having an SS friend who lives close by, plus we're big enablers to each other when it comes to poultry :rolleyes:

We were walking around the yard looking at my critters together after dinner and just chit chatting. I asked if she'd like to see Gwen, Royal Palm hen on the nest, because we noticed this morning that her eggs were pipping. Gwen now has two new Royal Palm babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And these ones are pure! She has 1 more egg to go, and it's already pipped, so should be 3 babies by tomorrow morning.

The two that have already hatched were actually incubated in my LG's and the eggs were put under Gwen the night before last.

:weee

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm so sorry your DH had such a bad hospital stay. I've come to learn you really need to stickup for yourself/your loved one when in the hospital. It's a shame but, the nurses are understaffed.

My neighbor, who was like a second mom to me, was in the hospital frequently the last couple years of her life. She had some great nurses and some not so great ones but, either way they were way over worked.

Glad you are home now and can finally get some much needed rest--both of you. Hospitals are no place to rest.

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been thinking about you and yours, Quail...you are quite the amazing lady. You are very fortunate to have won the hearts of so many folks here on this board...I hope that things continue to roll along for your family and farm despite the bumps along the way.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Hope everything is going well at your place...

When you get a spare moment - haha - I'd love to see pics of Gwen and her poults. I think Royal Palms are beautiful birds.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
keljonma said:
Hope everything is going well at your place...

When you get a spare moment - haha - I'd love to see pics of Gwen and her poults. I think Royal Palms are beautiful birds.
Yes, I took some pictures today. I've just had a long day and haven't taken the time to upload them yet.

I'm tired and want to take a nap. :/ It's just so late now, afraid if I nap I'll not be able to sleep tonight.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow Ally I missed a bunch this week, Glad to hear Ernie is home and doing better. I hope he heals quickly.

Take a deep breath and hold on, all this will pass. And like bee says it's ok to cry. You are only human and it will make you feel better.

After my dh surgery I waited on him hand and foot for weeks. With kids under foot and all. It was a struggle to say the least.

You both will only be stronger from this. Take care. gina