Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
DS wanted to roll from side to side but my DD had her feet in my throat for the last 3 months :rolleyes:

Nothing like getting kicked in the ribs, lungs, etc. all day long to put you in a LOVELY mood :lol: DS kicked me in the bladder so I guess it was the lesser of two evils. :rolleyes:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That addition is coming along great! Congrats to you both! As for the nosy family members....just look at them and tell them....we are going to try to out do the Waltons! LOL We got it all the time when we were young. We had 4 kids in 5 years. Oh boy, the family was on us like flies on a carcass. I just smiled and said.....Don't worry, I will NEVER ask you to help....and we didn't. You have a great family, and adding to it is up to you and hubby...no one else.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
My dad was oldest of 17, my mom one of the youngest of 13. I'm one of 5, and my siblings and I all have 1 or 2 children each. Some relatives thought we all should have had more, not less children. :p

But the decision is between you and God, no one else. ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, I did it - I shipped my first live birds today! they should arrive at their destination tomorrow at 3 pm! :celebrate Wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, either.

Also, E and I have been doing a lot of thinking - I mean a lot - because last week Becca loaned me some books to read and in the front pages of one of the book was a scripture that said we should love our enemies, and be kind and pray for the ones who persecute us - ok, quite a bit of rephrasing there, but you get the gist of it I think.

We've totally not been doing this. We've been walking around angry and bitter - and with sharp retorts on the ends of our tongues.

We made a conscious effort to be different for now on.....

So, last Wednesday, even though we knew FIL had mouthed about us to InLaws and even though he through the first slur, we had him down for our mid-day meal of fried porkchops, 'taters, and veggies.

Saturday we had him down for BBQ'ed chicken -

Yesterday had porkchops again, and again, had FIL down to eat.

Today, we had hamburg gravy over 'taters and veggie and applesauce on the side - and apple pie for dessert. Coffee and tea, too.

And yes, I had FIL down again.

Tomorrow we're driving him to Lowe's (his car is acting up) so he can get the grill he's wanting.

Yes, it still hurts that he tells our business, that he throws slurs - but we're choosing to ignore it and love him anyway.....even when it's hard.

And, I hate leaving him to his own devices for meals because I know he doesn't fix himself good things to eat - he mostly lives on processed junk or out of the freezer into the microwave foods.

E says nice guys finish last. At least the nice ones who finished last know they were in the right.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Good progress on things!

Sorry to hijack for a moment, but it seems a lot of the Eastern Ohio folks visit here. I haven't been to Rogers in forever (used to date a girl that lived down that way decades ago).

How is the produce selection there? I'm looking for some potatoes in bulk and I need a good excuse to burn a vacation day at work. :) I'm not looking for new animals, just wondering about produce before I take the better part of a day to go there.

thanks!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Rogers has a lot of vendors that set up during the day and sell TONS of good looking produce. We drove an Amish guy up there to set up on a Friday (that's the only day for the market) and he bought I think it was 50#'s of 'taters for $10 - talk about on the cheap!

They get their bushel apples there, too, and pears, etc. cheaper than from other places.

So, I'd say good place to go to get the produce!

The call ducks made it to their new home in great shape - and each of the two gals laid an egg during their travels!! So, their new owner got 4 ducks and 2 eggs!! LOL

Last night around 9 pm, had a couple ladies show up and they purchased ALL of my Black Australorps and New Hampshire Reds. :D They may be a future customer for Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, too, when I have some available.

Yesterdays shopping adventure with FIL went well - he even treated us to Burger King! :th Then yesterday evening E ran out of nails while working on the girls' room, so FIL ran down to the hardware store and bought us 4 lbs if nails!!

Happy Thursday everyone.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Wonderful news about the safe arrival of your first shipment! :thumbsup

Those itty bitty ducks must not have been bothered by the "too big" box. :p

We didn't get any of the predicted rain yesterday...did you? It is overcast today, so maybe it is just a really slow moving storm.

I see the high road is paying off already. Thank God! :D

Hope all is well; missing your frequent posting. How is the computer fix coming along?

Have fun!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Yesterdays shopping adventure with FIL went well - he even treated us to Burger King! :th Then yesterday evening E ran out of nails while working on the girls' room, so FIL ran down to the hardware store and bought us 4 lbs if nails!!

Happy Thursday everyone.
See? Good thoughts bring good things :)