Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
So I've had 2 doses so far of the 'script from my doc, and I see a marked improvement already!! Swelling is nearly all gone! Still some puffiness in my left hand, but no longer red or itching non stop.

Still have a few spots of hives, but not as large or blotchy as they were. :D

She had also looked at and cleaned my incision yesterday, because there was a yeast issue :sick I'd been cleaning the area 1x a day, she told me to clean it 3x a day. So, we're doing that.

In other news....

Our gas lease papers came in the mail yesterday!! We got them all signed, notarized, and sent back today. This was kind of our back up plan if the SSDI doesn't go through (which we haven't got an answer on that yet).

Anyway, kind of excited about the gas lease. Not that we'll be rich or anything :lol: but it will definitely help things around here!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
We're having such BEAUTIFUL weather right now!

Spent yesterday afternoon/evening outside with the kids and E doing small chores (ok I mostly supervised lol) and then today E took me down to pick up a small flock of Mille Fleur's at another friends house (brought home 9, but there's 3 or 4 more that we couldn't catch that I'll get later). After we got home, we got Squeakers (baby girl) to lay down for a nap and I took BB outside for some mommy and me time. Spent about 30 minutes with him - and we looked at the new Milles, fed them and watered them, and visited his rabbit, Checkers. Then we fed the bigger chickens. They still had two full waterers that didn't look dirty, so I left those for the kids to freshen this afternoon.

Then we walked to where E was working on skirting and putting electrical tape on waterlines. Chatted with daddy for a few minutes, and then we all decided to come in for a drink.

I put some country style cut pork ribs and sauerkraut in the oven for our dinner. Later, I'll whip up some mashed taters to go with it.

I am feeling so good!! Yesterday and today, the best I've felt since having Squeakers. :) No, not pushing myself too much, just doing a little bit. If something feels heavier than Squeakers, I let E lift it for me.

But so glad I'm feeling so good!!

We got an invite to go to a local horse ranch on the 15 - from 1-5 pm - for a hayride, pumpkin painting, and pony rides. Hoping this nice weather holds until then, so we can take the kids down and have a day of total fun! and I can see lots of picture taking opportunities that day!! :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like a great day Ali! Glad you are feeling good and not overdoing things :) It has been some pretty weather lately!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I love this time of year....lots of fun stuff to do without getting sweaty!!! I love the nickname Squeakers!!! :love Glad you're feeling good...I know recovery from c sections can take time and can be painful so I'm glad you seem to be doing well! Is baby boy doing better with his new sister?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
BB is doing MUCH better! He loves his little sister, but wants to hug and kiss on her at the worst time! Like when I'm changing a diaper, or nursing :rolleyes: But he does get to hold her, if I'm done with her change or feeding. He also likes to peek at her in the bassinet.

Today, while picking up the Mille's, Squeakers was in friends house in her carseat carrier. We weren't outside very long, but BB went in the house to, "Check on my baby," as he said it. He came running back out and said, "Our baby is crying! You gotta come, Mom, our baby is crying!" So I did go in, but thought it was super sweet that he referred to her as "our baby". :love

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
We're having such BEAUTIFUL weather right now!

Spent yesterday afternoon/evening outside with the kids and E doing small chores (ok I mostly supervised lol) and then today E took me down to pick up a small flock of Mille Fleur's at another friends house (brought home 9, but there's 3 or 4 more that we couldn't catch that I'll get later). After we got home, we got Squeakers (baby girl) to lay down for a nap and I took BB outside for some mommy and me time. Spent about 30 minutes with him - and we looked at the new Milles, fed them and watered them, and visited his rabbit, Checkers. Then we fed the bigger chickens. They still had two full waterers that didn't look dirty, so I left those for the kids to freshen this afternoon.

Then we walked to where E was working on skirting and putting electrical tape on waterlines. Chatted with daddy for a few minutes, and then we all decided to come in for a drink.

I put some country style cut pork ribs and sauerkraut in the oven for our dinner. Later, I'll whip up some mashed taters to go with it.

I am feeling so good!! Yesterday and today, the best I've felt since having Squeakers. :) No, not pushing myself too much, just doing a little bit. If something feels heavier than Squeakers, I let E lift it for me.

But so glad I'm feeling so good!!

We got an invite to go to a local horse ranch on the 15 - from 1-5 pm - for a hayride, pumpkin painting, and pony rides. Hoping this nice weather holds until then, so we can take the kids down and have a day of total fun! and I can see lots of picture taking opportunities that day!! :D
awwww!! post pics of the Mille's?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I'll definitely post pics - as soon as I take some! :lol:

I have recent pics of Jett's baby to share, too! :) Wait till ya'll see!! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Just some random pics from this beautiful weekend!!!

Jett (r.i.p.) and Gypsy's spring chicklet - now almost grown up!
14550_100_1868.jpg

and HIS name is JJ! (Jett Jr.) aren't his saddle feathers just oh so lovely??
14550_100_1869.jpg

Mousekateers! (they think they own the porch...)
14550_100_1907.jpg

In Color...
14550_100_1906.jpg

more to come.....