R Preppers the New Terrorists? FBI 2 watch Military Surplus Stores..

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have been on a list for years, because we were members of the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism), which is considered "The largest paramilitary organization in the world". Nemind that they are using rattan swords! We are also Life members of the NRA-- another list! You don't think every man-jack of you is on a list because your registered on this forum? Don't make me laugh.

I remember several years ago opening the newspaper to read a story about a suspected terrorist cell in a neighboring town. The story read pretty convincing too. Then I saw the names of the suspected terrorists. My girlfriend and her husband had apparently been "fingered" by a disgruntled acquaintance. The police kicked down their door at 5am, handcuffed them and ransacked their home. All of their guns and ammo were confiscated. Her keyring, which was a small brass replica of a horse bit, was identified as "brass knuckles" and confiscated. They were hauled off to jail, without being able to feed and water their animals or make any provisions for doing so. In fact, some of the animals got out and were picked up by animal control because the police couldn't be bothered to close gates after even searching the animal pens (for what? No one knows).
The final result? The lawyer recommended that the husband plea-bargain: He would plead guilty to all charges, in exchange they would drop the charges on his wife. So he is now a convicted felon and cannot vote or own a gun, because a homeless guy they felt sorry for got mad when they finally told him he had to leave after sponging off them for 3 months.

And by the way, the guns were returned to the wife after all the charges were dropped... but all the "good ones"- the collectible ones- mysteriously disappeared.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
I remember several years ago opening the newspaper to read a story about a suspected terrorist cell in a neighboring town. The story read pretty convincing too. Then I saw the names of the suspected terrorists. My girlfriend and her husband had apparently been "fingered" by a disgruntled acquaintance. The police kicked down their door at 5am, handcuffed them and ransacked their home. All of their guns and ammo were confiscated. Her keyring, which was a small brass replica of a horse bit, was identified as "brass knuckles" and confiscated. They were hauled off to jail, without being able to feed and water their animals or make any provisions for doing so. In fact, some of the animals got out and were picked up by animal control because the police couldn't be bothered to close gates after even searching the animal pens (for what? No one knows)....
And there are people here (and elsewhere) who call some of us "paranoid" for being suspicious of the government...?! :rolleyes:

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
THIS is what I worry about, folks...a government official who assumes I'm doing something illegal, & jumps in with both barrels blazing (literally or figuratively speaking). So if I have a heat signature in my house from growing tomato starts with a heat lamp, I have to prove I'm not growing pot? Is this really what our country has come to...? (Okay, don't answer that. :rolleyes:)
:clap :thumbsup

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
We have been on a list for years, because we were members of the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism), which is considered "The largest paramilitary organization in the world". Nemind that they are using rattan swords! We are also Life members of the NRA-- another list! You don't think every man-jack of you is on a list because your registered on this forum? Don't make me laugh.

I remember several years ago opening the newspaper to read a story about a suspected terrorist cell in a neighboring town. The story read pretty convincing too. Then I saw the names of the suspected terrorists. My girlfriend and her husband had apparently been "fingered" by a disgruntled acquaintance. The police kicked down their door at 5am, handcuffed them and ransacked their home. All of their guns and ammo were confiscated. Her keyring, which was a small brass replica of a horse bit, was identified as "brass knuckles" and confiscated. They were hauled off to jail, without being able to feed and water their animals or make any provisions for doing so. In fact, some of the animals got out and were picked up by animal control because the police couldn't be bothered to close gates after even searching the animal pens (for what? No one knows).
The final result? The lawyer recommended that the husband plea-bargain: He would plead guilty to all charges, in exchange they would drop the charges on his wife. So he is now a convicted felon and cannot vote or own a gun, because a homeless guy they felt sorry for got mad when they finally told him he had to leave after sponging off them for 3 months.

And by the way, the guns were returned to the wife after all the charges were dropped... but all the "good ones"- the collectible ones- mysteriously disappeared.
I'm hoping I am on several of those lists! :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You don't think every man-jack of you is on a list because your registered on this forum?
I figured the moment I changed my voter registration to "Libertarian" I was on "the list". Joining this forum was just another page in the report :D

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't mind some of the lists I'm on. Especially the one when a cop pulls me over and after the cop comes back he says "Your all set Mr S and have a great day." MY wife then usually asks me what about the ticket??? All I tell her is some lists are good. :)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
Wifezilla said:
You don't think every man-jack of you is on a list because your registered on this forum?
I figured the moment I changed my voter registration to "Libertarian" I was on "the list". Joining this forum was just another page in the report :D
Did you take the quiz, WifeZ? What's your score?

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz/
Ha ha ha ....guess I'm Libertarian. But I knew that.....

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
Wifezilla said:

:gig :lol: :gig :gig :lol: :lol:

I'm Libertarian leaning towards the right?!!? what? I got a 60 on the personal and a 80 on the economic and how does that work? I always figured I was liberal?!!?

ETA: so I read the defintion they have for Libertarian which is "Libertarians support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties." and on further thought I guess this actually fits me pretty well. *sigh* time to change my voter regis card :D

S

sunsaver

colowyo0809 said:
sunsaver said:
Wifezilla said:

:gig :lol: :gig :gig :lol: :lol:

I'm Libertarian leaning towards the right?!!? what? I got a 60 on the personal and a 80 on the economic and how does that work? I always figured I was liberal?!!?

ETA: so I read the defintion they have for Libertarian which is "Libertarians support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties." and on further thought I guess this actually fits me pretty well. *sigh* time to change my voter regis card :D
I thought i was liberal too. Just because you believe in personal freedom, does not make you a liberal. The Dems and Reps have co-opted personal freedom issues that the gov has no business making laws about. They need to get their heads out of the sand and fix the economy, before we get a Christian spring and mass rioting, just like the other third world countries.