Rabbit Hutch Project

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well I went to our local feed store the other day and had a major impulse buy. She(I think) is a seven week old lop mix. I just could not get over the one ear up and the other down. Sooo cute. I had the sales lady help me with all my needs. I surprised my DD's when I picked them up from school.. Such excitement. :ya :weee

My neighbor asked why I only bought one. He is encouraging me to breed for the freezer. I think I will take one step at a time. Figure out this one first.

I just wanted to share the pics. Her name is Summer, our cat is Autumn. I figure if I ever get goats they will be Spring and Fall. My husband thinks I am nuts. Whats new? :D

333_img_0244_1.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I love her!!!!! She's darling!!

Would you mind sharing a list of materials that you used to build your rabbit hutch? I would like to try to make one for the rabbits we will be getting soon!

Thank you!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I fell for her the minute I saw her.

For the hutch I found a picture of the coop/hutch on e bay. It was over seas and the cost of shipping was outrageous. I had my husband look over the pic and we guesstimated on the dimensions. Ours is a bit deeper than the original. We used kiln dried pine. 2 x 4's and 1 x 4's. The roof is hardy plank and the wire is 1/2 inch hardware cloth.

I do not have a fenced in property so sturdy was kinda important. I have not had a rabbit as a pet since I was about 4 so this whole thing is a learning process for me. There are a ton of peoples around here who gae me great advice.

Good luck with yours, gina

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Gina...both your hutch and your bunny are beautiful! Your hubby did a fantastic job!
Is he interested in making me one?? I am now looking to buy one as DH does not think he can do a good enough job :(