Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am considering leaving. Not over this, but just havent been happy there for a long time. All this crap happening in the world doesnt help either. Im just burned out.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Find another job and quit. Maybe even change jobs, what about working at Tractor Supply? Just remember, retail is 7 days a week, holidays, nights and if you like regular hours, look carefully for something that meets your schedule.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Checked the rolling rat trap this morning. Little bturds ate the peanut butter off the bar. :heNo dead ones in the water.:rant Maybe I just need to get rid of all my animals so there is no food here. :barnieI hate rats.:smack

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am considering leaving. Not over this, but just havent been happy there for a long time. All this crap happening in the world doesnt help either. Im just burned out.
I've never met a groomer working in a vet clinic that liked his/her job! Its really tough environment. The animals are stressed, the people are stressed.

My best work environment was running a storefront salon next door to vet clinic. It was owned by vet clinic, so I had financial backing and security, but I had 100% control of the facility, policies, scheduling, etc. It only took 120 clients to cover expenses and pay myself and an assistant. I was open 3 days/week. I stopped due to having my second/last child. It was ideal but I wanted to stay home with my baby more.

If you have loyal clients, it doesnt take many to have a solid business. Maybe you can open your own place or convert a vehicle to a mobile salon??

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You know that’s wrong! Get rid of all your animals? Never! Get a rat terrier, heck, get two!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can you ration feed so theres no extra left to feed the rats? Its more work, but might be worth it?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can you get or borrow a game cam or WYZE to see how the rats are beating the trap? Might be something easy enough to solve?

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've never met a groomer working in a vet clinic that liked his/her job! Its really tough environment. The animals are stressed, the people are stressed.

My best work environment was running a storefront salon next door to vet clinic. It was owned by vet clinic, so I had financial backing and security, but I had 100% control of the facility, policies, scheduling, etc. It only took 120 clients to cover expenses and pay myself and an assistant. I was open 3 days/week. I stopped due to having my second/last child. It was ideal but I wanted to stay home with my baby more.

If you have loyal clients, it doesnt take many to have a solid business. Maybe you can open your own place or convert a vehicle to a mobile salon??
Been there, done that on owning a business. I ate, slept, crapped everything and it was too stressful to keep up with everything. I like working for someone else and letting them handle all that.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you get or borrow a game cam or WYZE to see how the rats are beating the trap? Might be something easy enough to solve?
Got a camera. Just need to get batteries.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you ration feed so theres no extra left to feed the rats? Its more work, but might be worth it?
I sweep up and lock up all feed at night but thats not detered them.